Chapter 4: Why?

Kristen's POV

Huh. That was so close. I went to my room and decided to take shower. I wore a plain T-shirt and blue short pant. I tied my hair to a messy bun. Then, I lay on my bed looking at the ceiling.

I kissed Cameron. He kissed me back.

I hit my own head because that kissed made me red. "Stop it, Kris!" I said to myself. I don't know why the WTF I crashed my lip on his. I'm so stupid! Duh! I thought I won't believe in boys again! Oh my. I can't stop smiling. Why I felt so different? Why? Why I can't stop thinking about him and the kiss? I still can feel his warm and dry lip. I licked my lip so I can forget about the kiss but I can't. Am I? Am I in love? "But you promised, Kris!" I said to myself. "Who are you talking to, sis?" Dave asked as he knocked my room door. "Oh, uh. Nothing, Dave." I replied. "Dinner, come on." Dave said. "McDonald?" I asked. "Okay." Dave replied. I ran downstairs and grabbed Dave's wrist. "Come on, Dave!" I yelled. He just smiled.

After dinner, we went home. I decided to call my dad.

(I=Isaac, Kris' dad. K=Kristen)

I: Hello, honey.

K: Dad! Are you finish yet?

I: No. Sorry, honey. I won't go home until tomorrow morning.

K: Oh. *frowned* Um, okay. I love you, dad.

I: I love you too, honey.

I locked my phone and lay on my bed, again. I was dreaming about the kiss. Why I felt so different? Am I in love with Cam? No I'm not! We just met. I can't believe in strangers. I looked at the window. I looked at Cameron. He's asleep. I smiled. He's cute. I guess, I had to sleep too. But, I think I am in love with Cameron. I'm in love for a guy the second time.

"Baby, take care of your dad and Dave, okay? I love you, honey." Mom said. Beep. The machine beeped. "Mom? Mom?! Mom, wake up! Mom!" I cried. Like a giant tsunami.

"Mom!" I shouted. I cried like the Niagara Falls. "Kristen?!" Dave yelled. Dave turned the light on. "Dave." I hugged him and cried on his shoulder. "What happened? Tell me, sis." he asked. "M-mom. I had a bad dream." I replied. "It's okay. It just a dream." Dave said. "Okay, go to sleep. I will be here until you asleep." Dave said. I nodded my head and I wrapped my hand with his hand until I felt asleep.

I woke up the next morning and I looked at my clock. "8.00 a.m?!" I yelled. I saw Dave slept on a sofa. "Dave! Wake up! It's 8!" I said. I threw my pillow at his face. He finally woke up. "Kris! Faster!" Dave said.

I'm late. I'm late. I opened the door. "Miss Edward? Late? Meet me after this." Mrs. Adams said. I nodded my head and sat next to Stacie. "Why are you late?" Stacie asked. "I don't know." I replied.

I went to Mrs. Adams' room and Cam grabbed my shoulder. "Kris. I-I" he said and I cut him. "Cam, I need to go. See you later, bye." I said. I opened Mrs. Adams' room door. "Mrs. Adams? Are you here? It's me, Kristen Edward." I said. "Kristen? Oh, sit down. I have something to tell you." she said. "A-are you gonna punish me?" I asked. "No. No, honey." she said. "Is your father, Isaac?" she asked. I nodded my head. "Oh, my. No. You really are. You're her!" she said. "I'm what?" I questioned. "You're my long lost granddaughter!" Mrs. Adams answered. "I am? Why daddy never tell me?" I asked. "Well, honey. After your granddad died, I get drunk. I felt like I can't live anymore. So, I always drives to the club and drink. You're still a little baby. Dave's a big boy. I hit your dad and slapped him after went to the club. Your dad decided to move out. And yeah, you never know me." she said. Tears were rolling from my eyes. "You may go now." she said. I nodded my head.

The last period was done. I decided to find Cam and said sorry. I looked for Cam outside. My jaw dropped when I saw Cam and Stacie sat together and held hands. Stacie put her head on Cam's shoulder. Tears rolled from my eyes. I walked faster nowhere and someone grabbed my hand. It was Nash. "Hey." he said. He wiped my tears with his thumbs. "Nash?" I said. "Kristy. I know what you feel because I feel the same way. I had a crush on Stacie but she's with Cam right now." Nash said. I nodded my head. He grabbed my wrist and I hoped to his car. Nash brought me to a place. "Where are we going, Nash? You're not gonna kidnap me right?" I asked. My heart beat faster and faster. "Hell, no." he said.

"We're here." Nash said. I looked at the park. It's beautiful. "What are we doing here?" I asked. "Well, um. To release tension, Cam and I always here playing. We always play under that big tree." he said pointing at the biggest tree at the park. "We were best friends since we were a little. And our mothers too." Nash said. He chuckled. I smiled. I looked into his blue eyes. He looked into mine. Our chest were so close he held my waist. I pulled myself. "Sorry, I forgot." he said. "Nash, I have to go." I said. We stand and climbed in to his car.

"Thanks, Nash. For everything." I said. Nash nodded and drove. I opened the door and I saw dad. "Dad?" I was looking for my dad. I felt someone wrapped my body with arms. I looked back and it was dad. I laughed and he let me go. "Dad. I have something to tell you. But, don't freaked. Okay?" I said. "Okay, honey. I wont." he said. We sat on a sofa. "Dad, why you never tell me I have a grandma?" I asked. His eyes widened. "Well, she told me everything. She's my principal." I continued. "Well, honey. I'm sorry. I just don't want to bring the past. I don't want to ruin my children's future." he said. "It's okay, dad." I smiled. I hugged him and he kissed my forehead. I love him very much. "Who's that?" he asked. "Who is who?" I pretended. "Nothing." Dad said.