Chapter 21: Maybe It's Time For Me To Go

Cameron's POV

I felt like the winds were pulling me. I felt the tornado was in my heart. I stepped foward, but then I reversed myself but I didn't do that. It was in the morning but it's really bright. What I saw was just a light. A bright light. Really bright. So I covered my eyes with my arms. I walked foward and maybe it's time for me to go.

Kristen's POV

"Cam, wake up, babe." I said. Beep. The machine beeped. I was panic and I was about to call my dad. He's a doctor too so why not? "Dad!" I shouted. I opened the door with Cammie in my hip. "Dad! Doctor! Anyone, please!" I shouted. My dad came and dropped his food on Dave's lap who was sitting on a chair with his phone. My dad and a few nurses came and entered the ICU. I gave Cammie to Dave and sat next to him. I leaned on Dave's shoulder and Stacie sat next to me. She rubbed my back and I started to cry. I was hoping to God that Cameron wil wake up. If not, I would die too. "1, 2, 3. Clear!" my dad said. Oh please, wake up, Cameron.

***
After 2 hours later, my dad came out from the ICU with a frown face. "So, how is he, dad?" I asked. "Honey, I know it's complicated for you-" I cut him off by bursting in tears. He hugged me. "I'm sorry." he said. "Dad.." I said. I then went to Gina and hugged her. "I'm sorry." I said. She cried and nodded. Sierra joined our hug too. Nash cried a bit and Stacie hugged him. I let go myself and ran to somewhere. I didn't know where. Still bursting. I kneeled down and cried. People were watching me but I didn't care.

"Miss, you okay?" a random guy asked. "Do I look okay?!" I shouted. "I'm sorry, but you can tell me what happened." he replied. He took me and we sat on a bench. I couldn't see his face because it was all covered by his hoodie. "My boyfriend died." I said. I played with my fingers. "Condolence." he replied. "I know it's hard, right?" he said. I smiled and nodded. I cried. He set his hand on my head and put on his shoulder. I felt so comfortable on his shoulder. His shoulder was comfy as Cam's. His voice was like Cam's. The way he talked was the same as Cam's. I was so stupid for telling everything to this stranger. "Um, may I know your name?" I asked. "Uh, I have to go, sorry." he replied. He walked quickly. Nah.

I walked to the my house alone. I saw Cammie was there playing with James, Dave's son. "Dave?" I said. "Hey, take a shower and rest. Let me handle this." Karen said. "But where are the others?" I asked. "Gina and Sierra are doing the funeral and stuff. Dave and Isaac are settling the hospital. Nash and Stacie are making out." she replied. I nodded and gave her a hug.

I went upstairs and decided to take a shower. After 10 minutes showering, I took my towel and wrapped on myself. I wore Cameron's jersey and a shortpant. I hopped myself on my bed. I looked at the ceiling. I thought about Cameron's memories and I.

Back to high school, I was looking around the school hall and suddenly Nash pushed Cameron to me and he grabbed me. We were dancing and dancing. Playing 'Thinking Out Loud' by Ed Sheeran. He asked me to be his girlfriend and I gladly accepted.

I slipped on the transformer toy and fell on his chest. Our lips were so close and I leaned in and we had our first kiss.

"Kristen!" Gina called. I quickly ran downstairs and I saw Gina and Sierra. I hugged them both. "We are going to keep his old stuff later." Sierra. I just nodded. I wasn't in mood in talking because I just lost the love of my life.

Yeah, Cameron was gone. There's no one to blame. I wasn't blaming the victim who was with Cameron. I didn't blame anyone. But I blame God. He took Cameron's life. His life is mine too. I went outside and lifted my head up to look at the sky. "Why? Huh? This is all what you got? You took his life why don't anyone elses? Why must be him? Why the fuck he had to die?!" I said as looking at the sky. Then, rain. Nice try, God. Jesus. "Kristy?" Stacie said. She and Nash were running under an umbrella. "You're soaking wet. Let's get you inside." Stacie said. She put her jacket on me and brought me inside.

A/N: I was listening to Close As Strangers by 5 Seconds of Summer because I thought this song fits the chapter. I guess so.... -Jenna :)