001

Leigh walked around the village. She wiped away the tears as she looked down at the picture of her beautiful daughter as her lockscreen.

Leigh had given birth to her daughter and within an hour, she had been taken by her father. Warren Fox.

Leigh and Warren had broken up and Leigh was going to stop him from being in his daughter's life. It had been almost two years since she had last seen her precious girl. Mia-Rae.

***
Leigh saw her boyfriend Sami and walked over to him. She smiled. "She's two next week."

"You'll see her soon. I know you will," Sami said as he pulled her into his arms.

Leigh shook her head. "Unless that wanker has a change of heart and brings her back, I doubt it. She probably doesn't even know who I am," she told him.

"Did the police stop looking for her?"

Leigh nodded. "Yep. So unless he decides he has a heart and wants her to have a mum. Then I'm not gonna see her again."

****
A few days later, Leigh was sitting in the pub when she got a text;

Come to the dog carpark. On your own - Unknown.

Leigh frowned and stood up. She made her way out to the carpark and felt anger overcome her.

Standing there was Warren Fox. He had a smirk on his face. "Miss me?" He asked.

"Are you taking the absolute piss?! Where is Mia?"

"She's in daycare. I didn't want to risk you running off with her," Warren said.

Leigh scoffed. "Oh. Like you did?! Two years! Two years Warren! You took her from me. My own daughter and you took her!" She yelled.

Warren took her into his arms to stop her from hitting him. "Calm down. Just calm down. It will be okay."

"How?! How will that be okay? You took my own child from me. For two years. I've had to go without having her in my life. Seeing her first steps. Her first words," Leigh said.

Warren smiled slightly. "If it helps, her first word was mama."

"No. That doesn't help. I want to see her Warren. I want to see her today, or I contact the police and I tell them that you're back. Don't test me on that," Leigh warned.

"Leigh."

"Do not Leigh me Warren. You either let me see my daughter today. Or I swear, I'll do whatever I can to make you pay," Leigh said.

***
Leigh knew she wasn't going to get Warren to let her see Mia. She had to somehow find the day care where Mia was and take her. She had to leave with her.

Leigh followed Warren. She frowned when he arrived at a hospital. Leigh realised that Mia was unwell. And that's why Warren was back.

"Warren."

Warren turned to see Leigh. He sighed. "I didn't want you to find out like this."

Leigh frowned. "What's wrong with her?" She asked. She was scared.

Warren sighed and looked at her. "Leukaemia. She needs a bone marrow," he said.

Leigh fell to the floor crying. She couldn't believe it. Her own little girl had leukaemia. She looked at him. "How bad is she?"

"For now it's stable. That's why we're back. I need you to be a donor for her."

Leigh nodded and sighed. She wiped away the tears. "For her. I'll do it."

Warren walked over to her and kissed her head. He was unaware that Leigh was making a plan to leave with Mia. And he wasn't going to stop her.