0014

Leigh felt like she had made a mistake giving Warren a second chance. She didn't trust him to not hurt her again. She didn't trust him to not run when he had enough.

Leigh sat in bed that morning. She looked to see as Mia toddled in. Lacey was behind her. "Hey. She came to wake me up. She missed you."

Leigh laughed and nodded. "Oh baby. You can come and wake me up."

"No daddy? Go see him."

Leigh sighed. Lacey frowned and looked at her. "What's happened with you and Warren?" She asked.

"Nothing. I just... I feel like I made the wrong choice giving him a second chance. What if he hurts me again? Or tries to take Mia again?"

Lacey smiled. "You have to trust that he won't."

"But I can't trust him."

Lacey looked to her and smiled. "Yet you can sleep with him and act like nothing happened. It's not fair. It's not fair on you. And it's not fair on Warren or Mia. And what about Sami?" Lacey asked.

Leigh sighed. "I know. It's complicated. And you're right. I can't keep doing this," Leigh said.

Lacey looked at her and smiled. "So what are you going to do?"

"I'm going to do the right thing and end it with Sami. I'm not saying I want to get back together with Warren. But I can't lie and lead Sami on anymore. It's not fair," Leigh said.

Lacey smiled and nodded. "You're doing the right thing."

****

Leigh walked through the village with Mia. Her head was a mess and she had no idea what she was going to do. Leigh sighed as she saw Warren.

Mia looked to him and grinned as she ran over to him. "Daddy!" She squealed.

Warren scooped her up and smiled. "Hi princess. Have you been a good girl for mummy?" Warren asked as he walked over to Leigh.

The two of them held a look. Mia giggled. "I always good. Santa come soon?" She asked as she looked at him.

"Soon princess," Warren said as he looked at Leigh. He sighed. "I think we need to talk."

Leigh sighed and shook her head. "I have nothing to say. Look, we had something. But we need to forget it. For Mia's sake. We need to focus on Mia," Leigh said as she went to walk off.

Warren grabbed her arm as they held a look. "I know you. And I know that you know that there is something there. I also know that you're not in love with Sami. Look. Come back to mine and we can talk," Warren said as Leigh found herself agreeing.

****

Leigh groaned to herself as she walked back to the flat. She had let Mia stay with Warren. Leigh felt stupid. She had ended up having sex with Warren. But she felt even more stupid knowing that they hadn't used anything.

Leigh looked to see Sami and Lacey as they stood talking. "Is everything okay?" Leigh asked.

Lacey looked to her and sighed. "There's something I want you to know. I'm pregnant," Lacey said.

Leigh grinned as she looked to her sister. She was shocked. "Congratulations!" She said as she hugged her sister.

Unaware of how Lacey's pregnancy was going to change everything.