Chapter 6

The demon hit one of his tsuzumis and the room once again flipped over. You hold to Teruko and grab onto one of the shelves.

"Y/N! Teruko! Grab onto the furniture and stay there okay? Y/N I'll call you if I need help, but for the meantime take care of Teruko!"

You nod and then the boar mask guy jumps onto Tanjiro and uses him like a springboard to charge at the demon.

"That one's a demon with supernatural powers! Stop launching those reckless assaults!"

And despite his warning, the boar mask laughs and still charges full speed at the demon. The demon speaks again and hits its tsuzumi twice and the room flips back to normal. You fall on your back, not fast enough to land on your feet and let go of Teruko. She rolls in front of the unknown man and he steps on her back. You growl in anger and ran towards him, grabbing his ankle and throwing him off of her.

"Who the hell are- YOU'RE A DEMON!"

You widen your eyes surprised that he found out so quickly, but you were even more surprised by how you launched him. What happened? You barely worked out during those 200 plus years and yet you still had such profound strength?

He laughed and rushed towards you with his swords in hand.

"I've never been thrown like that before! How exciting!"

But before he was able to get to you, Tanjiro got in front of you and blocked the swords.

"Please! Don't attack her she doesn't hunt people!"

"Move out of the way! Why are you protecting a demon!? Aren't you a demon slayer!?"

"You're the one to talk!"

The man laughed and swung his sword at Tanjiro which made Tanjiro grab you and Teruko quickly and jump back. You grab Teruko and quickly get off him.

"You're really dumb aren't you! You have a broken leg that's not healed yet! You need to learn to worry about yourself!"

You looked at Tanjiro, but seeing his face and knowing his kindhearted nature, you knew you couldn't be mad at him for longer than minute.

"But thank you..."

Tanjiro laughed quietly and rubs the back of his head.

The boar tisks and charged at you and Tanjiro again.
But then the demon hits his tsuzumi and the floor ripped apart as if a huge bear clawed through them. The demon hit his tsuzumi more causing the room to continue turning and another slash. But then there was a faint tsuzumi sound and you were transported to a different room yet again with Teruko in your arms and Tanjiro beside you.

Teruko was shivering in fear and you looked at her gently and gave her a reassuring smile.

"You alright Teruko? We're gonna get you and your brothers out of here safely. Just stay beside me alright?"

You put her down and she nods, grabbing your hand. Tanjiro took the lead and opened the door. He looked to his left and right and looks down sadly. You already knew what he saw because you also saw it, but through the wall.