Chapter 10

You, Tanjiro, and Inosuke continued forwards and made it to a river and crossed it by jumping on rocks. As you carefully tried to make your way across you heard what sounded like thunder.

"Huh? Was that thunder?"

"I think so, but I don't smell any thunder clouds."

He looked into the sky making sure it wasn't going to rain.

"Hey Y/N let's go this way."

"Okay."

"Inosuke! Me and Y/N are going to go over here!"

Just as Inosuke was going to take a step on a rock he stopped when Tanjiro said that.

"Go ahead and do whatever you want."

"Are you going down the mountain?"

"Huh? Why would I do that!?"

"I mean you are pretty wounded and all Y/N did was wrap it and nothing else."

"What do you mean!? I'm not wounded at all!"

You and Tanjiro look at Inosuke with baffled faces.

"Inosuke... You're wounds are very noticeable especially since you don't have clothes."

"I don't know what you're talking about!"

As they were bickering, out of nowhere you felt a strange presence. You looked to your left over the river and saw a very similar demon compared to the previous ones you've seen. You didn't want to alert the demon by yelling so you tugged on Tanjiro's sleeve looking at the demon at the corner of your eye. Tanjiro turned around.

"Hm? Y/N what is it."

You lifted your finger to his lips and pointed at the demon. Tanjiro's eyes widen seeing the demon, but a second later, he made eye contact with her. Inosuke saw the demon as well and charged towards it. The demon girl ran away startled and Inosuke was chasing after her.

"Father!"

As soon as she called out to her "father" there was a ginormous demon who jumped down and stood in front of you. He crashed his fist into the water trying to hit Inosuke, but he jumped back onto a different rock.

"Y/N stay back!"

"Don't come near my family! Stay away!"

He then tried to hit Inosuke once more, but he was able to evade the attacks quite well. As Inosuke was still in the air, the demon found its chance to punch him, but before he could, Tanjiro came in and swung at the demon's arm. You jumped and caught Inosuke, with lots of struggling and commands to put him down. You listened to him and did just that. You looked back at Tanjiro and saw that he was hanging off his sword and was about to get hit by the demon using his other hand, but Inosuke ran and tried to stab the other arm. Though he put in all of his strength, he wasn't able to stab it due to its tough skin.

The demon threw Inosuke off and was about to grab at Tanjiro.

You felt angry that you haven't done anything to help them out and even got mad at your mother momentarily. She had said you had unbelievable power, but where was it? Anger turned into frustration and you wanted to take it out and what better way to take out your anger on something that was sturdier than a tree? You walked over to the demon and it noticed you.