Chapter 11

The man who killed the demon walked up to Tanjiro and stepped on the demon's clothes during the process.

"Do not waste your sympathy on demons who have killed hundreds."

"Of course when it comes down to a demon who's killed hundreds I will not hesitate to bring my blade to their necks without mercy, but as for those who being a demon meant despair, those who regretted their actions... I would never trample over them! Because demons were human too! So please get off of him!"

Tanjiro gripped onto the demon's kimono that remained on the floor.

"Demons are not monsters! They're tragic and hopeless creatures!"

He looked down at Tanjiro and turned to look at Nezuko. He stared for a moment, but then his face lit up in realization.

A moment after, you heard soft, but audible footsteps and looked to your left to see someone charging at you. You shielded Tanjiro and Nezuko, but the demon slayer deflected the blow with his own sword.

You saw a very short lady with black and purple hair tied up. She had a butterfly hair pin and wore a haori of a monarch butterfly pattern that had went nicely with her purple hair. From what you've seen so far, you noticed that every demon slayer you encountered until that moment all had well made katanas, but she had more of a stick with a pointed edge.

"Awe~ why'd you get in my way Tomioka-san? After telling me that demons and humans could never get along. This is why no one likes you."

The lady chucked a bit and the man, now known as Tomioka, crouched and stretched his arm out in front of you.

"Now Tomioka-san please move out of the way."

The lady was always smiled no matter what she was saying and you found it quite creepy despite her being very beautiful. You looked at Tomioka and noticed he was very quiet.

"I'm not... I'm not disliked by people."

He said with a very matter of fact voice and you didn't know if he was being serious or not.

"Ahh well I'm sorry. You haven't realized that people don't like you then? That was uncalled for, please forgive me."

You were surprised that she could say that with a straight face and saw that Tomioka was still taken aback finding out that nobody liked him.

"Little boy!"

"Y-Yes!?"

"What you're protecting is a demon! I don't want you to get hurt so please move out of the way!"

"Y-You're mistaken! I-I mean not really... but this is my kid sister! And she's my friend! S-So you see.."

"Oh is that right? You poor thing.. In that case I'll use a gentle toxin to kill both of them so they won't suffer alright?"

"Can you move? If you can't, make yourself move. Take them and run away."

"Tomioka-san... Sorry for the trouble! Thank you very much! Y/N! Let's go."

You nod and follow him. You started running and grabbed the box Nezuko was in. You passed Nezuko off to Tanjiro and he threw her on his back and you saw him wincing in pain. You ran in front of Tanjiro and managed to lift him onto your back.