Chapter 23

As you changed you started to dry off your hair with a towel that one of the sword smiths gave you.

"Okay Y/N let's go eat now!"

You turned around, your hair slightly damp but basically dry and you nod. You brushed your hair with your fingers as you walked back to the town laughing and talking with Tanjiro.

You walk through the door and one of the villagers took you to the table where Misturu was. You and Tanjiro sat down next to her as she smiled brightly at the two of you.

"We're sorry about how long it took for the food to get here, but here you go."

A villager places a bowl of rice along with a bowl of soup, fish, and some other side dishes in front of you, Tanjiro, and Misturu. Misturu freaking downs it all asking for more after inhaling all that food. You then start to see all the dishes stacked next to her not close enough to touch the ceiling but still pretty big.

"Impressive!"

"Really? I didn't eat that much tonight."

"I'm gonna eat a lot and get stronger too!"

You laugh and remembered something.

"Oh yeah! Kanroji, the boy you met at the hot spring became a demon slayer the same time as Tanjiro apparently. His name is Genya Shinazugawa if I remember correctly."

You look at Tanjiro to see if you were right and he nods.

"Oh! You don't say! He must be Shinazugawa's little brother. But Shinazugawa says he doesn't have a little brother. Maybe they're not on good terms. That's too bad."

"Oh, really? I wonder why."

"There are 5 kids in my family and we all get along. I don't really know why but I find both of the Shinazugawa brothers scary."

She then starts playing with Nezuko, tickling her as Nezuko squirmed around on the floor. She also pat your head and you enjoyed it quite a lot.

"Genya hasn't come yet, huh? It would be nice to talk to him at least a little."

Nezuko then spread her arms towards Kanroji which she happily accepted and hugged her as she blushed how cute Nezuko was.

"I don't think he'll come. One of the villagers said he doesn't take meals at all. Maybe he brought his own food?"

Nezuko happily stayed in Kanroji's lap hugging her waist as Kanroji pat her head lightly along with yours.

"I wonder if he's alright. Let's take some rice balls to him later!"

"Yeah lets do that!"

You took some rice balls and placed them on a plate and stood up. Tanjiro stood up and stood next to you as Nezuko was holding Kanroji's hand.

You walk outside with Tanjiro with Kanroji and Nezuko in front of you. You stopped outside of Genta's room and Kanroji started singing for some reason but you listened.

"🎼Didn't you know it's a brocade standard saying conquer the emperor's enemy! HEY YA HEY YA HEY YA!🎼"

You stood there listening intently not really knowing if she was a good singer or not.
(i'm sorry bby i'm sure you're a great singer 😔)