Chapter 33

You took off the top of your uniform, which of course you had something underneath and put your feet into the water. You froze. No like actually it was freezing cold that it burned.

"Y/N!! You're awake!"

You look back and see Tanjiro making his way to you. You smiled happily and jumped onto him, giving him a big hug, but then he falls and you submerged into the freezing water. You stayed there for a good 10 seconds before Tanjiro started to get really worried and you stand up quickly, your hair wet and messed up.

"I'm okay now!"

After you submerged yourself you already got quite used to it. Zenitsu was on top of those big rocks and looked at you with disbelief. Then right as you walked underneath the waterfall, the pressure knocked you down. Tanjiro got super worried and pulled you out. You started coughing not expecting that to happen. Apparently Tanjiro and Zenitsu got here together around 2 days ago and Inosuke came before them.

You nod and made your way back to the waterfall and stand under it. You squat with your back leaned only a bit forward and you put your hands together like you would do when you pray. The pressure of the waterfall was so great you really thought your neck was gonna snap.

Tanjiro followed after you and told you to chant the Nembutsu just to show that you're still conscious.

Then after a few minutes you walk out and felt your back just in the same position as it was under the waterfall, not being able to stand up straight. Tanjiro then comes behind you and puts a hand behind your back and grabs your shoulder and pulls it. You heard lots of pops but your back was okay now. You made your way over to the warm rocks loving the temperature and just wanting to sleep there forever.

"You, that girl, and the boar are amazing. On my first day, I couldn't do waterfall training until the evening. I couldn't get used to the water. Now that I'm able to stand the water for one koku* I have to do log training."

*roughly 30 minutes

"Um t-that's impressive Murata..."

"Well I have been here for ten days..."

After the training everyone gathered around on the floor, still in the woods, and started eating fish that was being cooked by a campfire that Tanjiro has done. You laid down on the ground exhausted and used Tanjiro's leg as a pillow. He grabbed one of the skewered fish and handed one to you as he took one and started eating as well. He stroked your head as you looked up in the sky eating the fish.

"That guy's incredible. The rosary rattling old guy."

"You mean Himejima, the Stone Hashira?"

"Don't give him such strange nicknames Inosuke."

"The first time I met him, I was shocked. Without a doubt, that guy..."

"Inosuke... you're eating the bones too?"

As he was talking, he ate the fish bones as if he did this every Friday night.

"...is the strongest member in the Demon Slayer Corps."

"Oh really? Himejima smells different from the others. Maybe he'll manifest the mark soon."