Kabanata 34

I am wearing our type A uniform which is the scout uniform, the brown pants with scout belt, a white shirt inside of my scout polo, a red necker with carabao slides. My hair was half by mama and I'm wearing a light make up and a long shiny barrette on my upper left ear. My look is so good and my merit badge sash looks peefect.

"Nice, aren't you excited?" I look at mama who's seating on the front seat, she's glowing as ever while wearing her simple white ailet dress.

I showed up a smile, "Excited po." I tried to make it sound good but agitation really hits me.

I am anxious right now remembering Mr. Severo, he'll be the one whose giving us the certificate along with the scout picture that he personally organized.

"Mommy, is ate going to be in other school na sa susunod?" My gaze turned to Niki who's sitting beside me.

Uno gave her a thumbs up, "It can be if she wants too." He said that while looking at the window.

"Nice, do you have school in your mind?" Now Dad asks me, looking at the rear mirror.

I look away and just looking at the outside with different cars view, "I took exam in Ateneo Senior High School, hindi pa po narerelease yung result." I said.

"You sure you want there?"

"Yes, dad. I w-want there, Shara will stay there too."

He nod. It's 12pm and we grab a lunch at the nearest fastfood chain in school because we only have 1 more hour to go.

We were eating when ny phone rang inside my right pocket. I took it out while looking at Mama, trying to make paalam and she just nod while feeding Niki.

I swipe Shara's call, "Yes, Shara?" I asked, sipping on my not so healthy drink.

"[We're on the way with Mom and Dad, and I'm here to ask you if you want to join me in last USTET batch, I actually thinking that I should try there—]"

"Count me in. Let's take exams in other school too."

"[You wanna leave Ateneo so bad huh? Then, sure. Let's also take DSHAPE.]"

"Okay, gotta go."

"[See you.]"

She hang it up so I returned my phone in my pocket, Mama glanced at me, "Is it Shara?" I nodded, "What about the call?"

I eat the last spoonful of my food the drink all my drink way up, "She will take exams in UST and La Salle Manila, I joined."

She nodded, "That's good, we'll talk about it in some other time."

We headed Ateneo on time, Dad parked the car in the nearest building entrance as we go in as a happy family. My both hands are on my merit sash, holding it like a kid and trying to plantsa it on my body.

"Wow! One of the young rich bachelor in town!" It's not new to us being exposed because of dad's successful career. We were standing in front of the hall, exact on the red carpet entrance to the auditorium when media or journalists came near us holding their flashy cams along with recorders.

"Good afternoon to the family, Mr. Del Arija! We got news months ago about your kids entering your alma matter this year! How's the life here after Paris?" The journalist smiled at tinutik sa front ni Dad ang recorder.

"It's good. Let's do interview in other time, we're catching up the time." Dad said that politely. They had a request of us getting family shoot so we did some pose before entering the large auditorium.

The large stage with large red and green curtains on its side with some formal decors made the ambiance elegant looking. Large speakers, a seats and of course, my batchmates were there.