Chapter 08: How unexpected

    Another year had passed and went. The Duchess had become pregnant once more. Surprisingly enough, the healer said she was expecting twins!

    Despite lacking modern equipment, healers were very accurate in their readings. Even able to determine the twins were male and female.

    Few months in, her new siblings were already becoming rambunctious and naughty. The Duchess's spirits were low as her morning sickness was horrendous.

    Unfortunately Aunty Pepper was gone. She had returned home due to her father's poor health.

    So Alicia had to bite the bullet, call for the maids and go into town herself.

    What could be done? Her father was useless, her brother was equally as useless, and Sheila.

    Well, she's a dragon.

    Human and dragon problems can sound the same, but their cures were completely different.

    Well Alicia believed so. Though her knowledge on the subject wasn't sufficient enough for her words to be quoted.

    Honestly, should she have even explained this? Alicia shook her head in bafflement at herself.

    She counted herself lucky to have known a few others in her past life who'd gone through the troubles of morning sickness. Or simply put, sudden dislike for certain foods and their smells.

    Stroking Ash's fur, Alicia moved aside the curtains, looking through the carriage window in awe.

    Beautiful, absolutely stunning.

    Those buildings and decor were nothing like what Alicia had personally seen from her modern time memories.

    Even though she had no extensive knowledge in architectural design, some house styles did come to mind.

    Most homes seem to lean towards the Victorian and Tudor styles. Even her own home- well her mansion took bits and pieces from these two styles as well.

    Despite not having a hundred percent certainty, however they were called, she simply loved them nonetheless.

    Greedily her eyes raked over the sheer beauty of it all.

    Greenery and floral life grew so naturally into their designs. As she had no doubt the house materials would fetch quite the price in modern times, yet were like common scrap wood here.

    It wasn't her first time out of the house, but still her awe of this world seemed never ending. She'd gone a few times with her mother, as well with her uncles.

    Her father? Not so much.

    The man was deathly afraid of bringing her out with him. Too worried about anything and everything, when he himself was a walking wall of protection.

    Though amusing, after a while, of course Alicia would get bored. Soon giving up as she'd walk off to do something else.

    A yawn escaped Alicia's mouth, ending with her mouth awkwardly gaping open.

    This was due to a scene that passed by through the window, catching her attention mid yawn. Knocking on the carriage wall she ordered, "Stop."

* * *

Krish!

    "Pch! Useless, braindead- waste of space."

    Spitting venom, ruining public decency with his very presence, the citizens wrinkled their noses at the newly appointed Baron. Whom did not deserve his rank nor wealth.