Chapter 10: Indeed, today was a long day

    Pandemonium set in as all the staff lost their minds. Guards lining in and outside the estate walls, standing with murderous, blood thirsty aura's.

    Few hours had passed, yet the young miss who had returned stained in blood, a hand print wrapped around her neck, was still unconscious in bed, wrought with fever.

    It threw everyone into a state of chaos when Ash burst through the returning carriage, with Miss Alicia unconscious in the arms of a man sitting on his back.

    The duke was furious at the sight of his disheveled daughter laying in bed.

    "Who had the gall to dare touch my daughter?!" He roared loud with fury.

    He walked off, blood dripping from his tongue, "He better hope I don't get my hands on him. Conveniently I'm in need of a new pair of thick skinned gloves in place of my normal gauntlet. Sounds like his would form a winning pair to any challenge."

    By his side, Roy nodded his head, cracking his knuckles in agreement to Von's words.

    Once the duke interrogated his guard, he marched out of the estate with a line of soldiers decked in armor and swords at their hips.

    Their destination, the magistrate.

    He wasn't the only one. His majesty, the emperor was the first to arrive. He'd been informed of the events this evening, becoming livid at the report.

    "That pig dare touch our daughter?!" He roared as he stood from his throne.

    "Let us go see to him. We'd like to test how thick his skin truly is. Perhaps we can reuse it as a cleansing cloth after the lota. We're sure those in the fields would appreciate the small comfort."

    The men in the throne room visually cringed at the emperor's words. No one in their right mind would use such a cloth for their derrière.

    Inadvertently, the emperor had arrived just in time to run into both commander Vision and the freed Baron Kiv.

    The commander had wanted to release his confidant, but failed to do so, as even his sister the empress had followed, ready to strip the Baron of more than just his title.

    How could she not? Her favorite niece, the child she wanted as her own was manhandled, strangled and assaulted by a pig who dared to hold the title of Baron!

    Oh by the name of god Lumen, she was not happy at all!

    "Brother you best not think of defending a pig that's destined for the slaughter house. If you are. Well," The empress laughed cheerfully, causing Vision to shiver. "This empress can guarantee you'll wish you still had two arms."

    With the duke arriving with his army, commander Vision had to cut his losses, as there was nothing he could do. This trifecta of forces were too strong for anyone let alone him to fight.

    Angry and fuming, with nowhere to direct the fires in his belly, Vision started a one way hatred towards Lady Alicia Cadarvic. A child who hasn't even lived a decade.

    And so, as Baron Kiv had said not too long ago, he was indeed a dead man.

    But in the words of many others, albeit words laced with poisonous disgust, "a dead pig."

* * *

    "Won't you come with me sir, we should get your injuries looked at." Pepper urged after changing Alicia's rag, placing an elderberry sprig on top.