Chapter 11.1 ✔︎

Hoseok had gotten a bad feeling in the bottom of his stomach the second the six of them had first walked into the dark practice room and he'd seen Yoongi's small figure sitting curled up against the white wall to the far right. Part of him wanted to approach the elder so he could ask if everything was alright and why he'd left in such a hurry, but the rest of his brain was telling him to leave the other rapper alone and that it wasn't likely that his hyung wanted company of any kind at the moment after his and Seokjin's argument. The larger part of his mind won, and so he stayed away – even though the concern brewing in him only continued to increase in size over the time that followed.

Leaving the elder to himself had been his first mistake.

His gaze locking itself onto Namjoon's back when the other 94-liner began to approach Yoongi. He'd told himself that he would leave the second eldest alone, as the possibility that the other wanted to be alone was high, but if the leader was going to speak to the rapper, why couldn't he?

Hoseok shook his head, eyes closed and head tilted towards the floor. Instead of following Namjoon as the younger male approached Yoongi, he let himself be dragged further into the room and onto the floor by Jimin so the two of them could start warming up.

Even though he continued to tell himself to keep himself focused on what was going on in front of him, he couldn't stop his eyes from occasionally wandering over to Yoongi and Namjoon. His heart wanted him to stand up and make his way over to the two other rappers, wanted him to leave Jimin and Seokjin – who had joined him and the younger dancer a few seconds after they'd sat down – behind on the floor. But deep down, he knew he couldn't do that. If he were to get back up, he would only be drawing attention to himself and therefore also to Yoongi, and he was more than certain that the other didn't want any more eyes on him than he already had.

The muscle in his chest hit him with a tear inducing twinge when he tore his eyes away from the two rappers and turned his head back towards the two singers in front of him.

Less than 2 minutes passed before Namjoon was getting back up from his crouch beside Yoongi and leaving the rapper's side. The leader had his eyes locked on Seokjin as he leisurely made his way across the floor, but if Hoseok had to guess, he didn't think that the eldest had noticed the younger's approaching form, otherwise the singer would have turned around to face his partner and wouldn't continue to be completely concentrated on watching Jimin as the dancer showed him a new stretch – which wasn't actually that new since he'd demonstrated it to the eldest the week prior.

The door to the room opened, but the only one other than himself to immediately notice the movement had been Namjoon. It took Sejin stepping over the threshold and the repeated motion of the manager's hand for Seokjin to finally become aware of the extra presence in the room, and Jimin didn't raise his head and notice the elder male until Seokjin straightening his legs out in front of him and got up from the floor so he could follow the manager out into the hallway.

"What was that about? Why did Jin hyung go with Sejin hyung?" Jimin questioned, eyebrows furrowing together and the corners of his mouth tugging downwards, as he turned his head away from the, now closed, door and looked at Hoseok. The 94-liner simply shrugged his shoulders in response, his eyes still focused on the door. He wished he could tell the younger what was going on, but he himself had no idea.

He could tell by Jimin's facial expression that the younger wasn't satisfied with his answer, but instead of complaining or asking him again, the singer just turned away from him and went back to stretching.

His eyes moved away from the door and landed on Namjoon – who had yet to move from the spot he'd frozen up in when Seokjin and Sejin had disappeared into the hall – and without giving himself the chance to rethink, he raised a hand and motioned for the other rapper to come sit down beside him and Jimin so he could begin warming up as well.