Chapter 12.3 ✔︎

"Let Yoongi-yah rest, Jungkookie. Your ............ get ......... so he ...... well again." Yoongi tried his best to stay awake so he could hear what Seokjin was saying, but the elder's words just kept getting more and more distorted, despite how hard he fought against the enticing pull of sleep. His mind kept drifting further and further away until the voices around him had turned into an amalgamation of indistinguishable mumbles, and until the light that had peeked through shades or ink, adding splashes of sheer red to the otherwise dark canvas, started fading, leaving him in a sea of coal.

—•—•—•—•—•—

When Yoongi lifted his eyelids again, vision blurry and the corners of his eyes filled with rheum, the rapper's first observation was that way less light than previously was streaming in through the thin fabric the drawn curtains were made of, and when the second eldest, with considerable difficulty, turned his head to the right, he saw that the bag filled with clear yellowish fluid that used to hang on the metal pole beside him was no longer there.

The small male moved his gaze until he was looking down at his cold right hand with eyes that were still half-closed from sleep but filled with confusion, only to see that the IV that had previously been sitting in his skin had been removed, with the only proof that it had actually been there in the first place being the flattened cotton wool ball that was firmly being held in place against the back of his hand with two wide strips of medical tape.

Along with the vanished IV, the majority of the six other members had disappeared from where they'd previously been sitting around the bed.

Seokjin had returned his chair to where it had been before the eldest and Namjoon had been forced to move his and Jungkook's seat, and was one of the only two who had remained in the somewhat same places he'd last seen them in before his brain had forced him to sleep.

Jungkook – being the other half of the two who hadn't moved much – was laying down across four chairs that had been pushed up against the left side of the bed, with a balled-up hoodie underneath his head so he had some semblance of a pillow, and several of the other members' jackets carefully draped over his body, covering him from his ankles to his neck.

Hoseok was laying on his back on the black couch, his head propped up on the surprisingly soft armrest and his left leg fully extended along the back of the couch while his right one was bent at the knee and falling over the edge of the couch.

Jimin was sitting sideways between Hoseok's thighs, with both of his legs bent at the knee and falling over the edge of the couch much like the 94-liner's one leg, and with his upper body leaning against his partner's chest, his right ear pressed against the elder's right shoulder.

Taehyung was laying curled up in a ball on the other end of the couch, his socked feet pulled up onto the couch cushion, his knees drawn up to his chest, and his arms wrapped around his legs in a loose hold while his head was resting against the plush headrest of the couch in a fashion that was very similar to Hoseok.

And Namjoon wasn't even in the room.

Yoongi ended up silently laying there for another couple of minutes, eyes going back to ever so slowly drifting around the room and glancing over things he hadn't been able to see moments prior when his vision had yet to start clearing up, until Seokjin – who, other than himself, was the only person in the room to still be awake – raised his head with a frustrated groan – having most likely just lost the game he was playing – and noticed that his eyes were open.

"Ah, good evening sleeping beauty. How was your nap?" Seokjin asked, his voice warm and small, as he let a kind smile grace his lips and slipped his phone under his thigh where it wouldn't be able to distract him. The younger did his best to replicate the smile on his hyung's face even though fatigue still had its sharp claws stuck in him.