第十五章

Wei Yingyue looked at the box full of glass containers that held the incense powder, biting her lip as she glanced back up towards Lan Xichen's siheyuan as she debated giving him her parting gift. A frown stretched across her face as her hands tightened around the corners of the box, shaking her head before turning when she froze in place as her eyes landed on the person she had come to see.

"Wei Yue." Lan Xichen smiled as he stopped in front of her, his eyes soft as he watched her gape at him. "Is there something I can help you with?" He asked, his arms crossed behind his back as he waited for her.

"I wanted to come and say farewell before Jiang Cheng and I leave, I also made you incense powder." She whispered, nodding towards the box in her hands. He looked down at the box and smiled, nodding once before walking around her.

"Please, come in." He told her as he slid open his doors, turning as he gestured for her to come inside, closing the doors behind her gently. They walked to the study section of his room and he sat beside her, watching as she set down the box in front of him before taking her seat next to him.

"I learned a lot about herbs when I was away this time, and when you told me you were having headaches, anxiety, and problems sleeping, I thought I could make you incense that you could burn when you are stressed or right before bed." Lan Xichen nodded as she finished explaining, opening the box in front of him slowly before placing the lid beside him on the ground as he peered inside. As soon as he opened the box, a blended smell of honey and lemon peel and other floral smells made its way to his nose. "The incense are actually below this compartment, these are actually packets filled with a mixture of tea that will help with migraines." She explained, gesturing to the multiple pouches.

"What is in it?" He asked, looking at her as he lifted one to his nose.

"Linden Blossoms, Dandelion Root and Leaf, Skullcup Herb, and Sweet Violet Flower and Leaf." She replied, watching as he opened the pouch. "These should last you a few months but only take the mixture for three days, you need to drink an entire pot two times a day." She instructed, holding out a piece of paper with instructions on them. He smiled as he took it, thanking her as he looked it over while she moved the compartment to the side before lifting out one of the powder incense.

"You made all of this?" He asked, looking over every single container that was under the tea pouches. She nodded and reached for his incense burner, opening it lightly before she began to place the coal and incense powder into the burner. Lan Xichen lit the coal and allowed for the girl to cover the burner, lifting it gently before placing it into it's respectable place. "Thank you, Wei Yingyue." Lan Xichen smiled as the smell of her incense began to erupt through his room, standing as he followed the girl to the door. As she went to open the door, he grabbed her wrist and turned her to face him gently.

"Lan Huan, what is it?" She asked as she saw the troubled look on his face, frowning as he looked at her with worried eyes.

"Wei Yue, Jiang Cheng told me why you haven't returned home for so long." He whispered, he frowned as she paled and looked away from him. "Wei Yingyue, I swear that if anything happens and you need to leave, you can always come back." He said to her, his heart beating hard as she pursed her lips. His hand moved to her elbow and he pulled her to him, causing her to gasp in shock as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders gently.

"Lan Huan, everything will be fine." She whispered as she felt his tension, placing a hand on his arm. Lan Xichen nodded as he pulled away, looking over her paled face as he raised one of his hands up. She closed her eyes as he brushed her loose hair out of her face, his finger gliding over her cheek before moving to grab her shoulder gently. "You worry too much." She smiled as she opened her eyes again, looking up at him as he stared at the door behind her.

"I just don't want you to get hurt." He murmured, his eyes moving to hers.

"Zewu-jun, I will write to you if it makes you feel better." She grinned as he winced, shaking his head as he took his hand away from her shoulder and turned away.

"You better, now leave before you miss the boat." He ordered, grinning as she left with a small laugh leaving her lips.

"See you later, Lan Huan." She waved one last time before bounding off to find Jiang Cheng, ready to return to Lotus Pier.

The boat ride back to Lotus Pier took one whole day, including the time Jiang Cheng and Wei Yue had taken to stop and have dinner in a town they passed. By the time they returned it was just past noon, their boat reaching the docks in time for the village to be booming with food shops, little booths selling trinkets, and children playing with their wooden swords. As they docked, Jiang Cheng jumped out before turning to her Jiejie, holding out a hand as she stared at the place she grew up.

"Come on, Jie. I'll buy you lunch." He smiled, happy that Wei Yue was finally returning home to Lotus Pier.

"I already did!" A voice called as Wei Yue grabbed Jiang Cheng's hand, both of their heads turning to see Wei Wuxian standing there with two meat pies in his hands. Jiang Yanli stood beside him with two more in her palms, watching as both Wei Yingyue and Jiang Cheng made their way towards their older siblings. Wei Wuxian smiled down at his little sister, holding out one of the pies to her. "Welcome home, Yingying." He hugged her gently, nuzzling the side of her head before grinning at Jiang Cheng as he watched the youngest bite into his food. "How was the rest of your classes? Did you miss me?" He asked as he guided Wei Yue towards the village, an arm still wrapped around her shoulders as Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli followed behind them.

"I didn't miss you being there, but I did miss you. Both of you." Wei Yue smiled back at her Jiajia, who smiled in return as she patted Wei Yue's head.

"I'm glad you're back, Ah-Yue." Jiang Yanli said gently, making the younger girl smile wider before she turned and took another bite out of her pie.

"I am glad I am back as well, it has been a long time since I came home." Wei Yue whispered, looking around as Wei Ying tightened his hold on his sister's shoulders as they reached the doors to their home. Wei Yingyue froze as she looked up, reading the sign above as she swallowed the lump in her throat, thinking about what awaited her inside.

"Yingying, you'll be fine." She looked up at her brother as he rubbed her arm, smiling as he led her forwards. She followed him slowly as she stepped into the familiar courtyard, looking around to take in every part of Lotus Pier that she missed. She let out a small breath before she turned, nodding to Jiang Cheng as he looked down at her, smiling before leading the way to where his father waited for them. Wei Wuxian and Jiang Yanli watched their younger siblings, glancing at each other as the younger cultivators went to see the Sect Leader and his wife.