第二十五章

After the incident with her Uncle Fengmian and Madam Yu, Wei Yue stayed in her room most of the time. She would play her guqin or meditate until Wei Ying came to collect her from her room, though he usually sent Jiang Cheng to retrieve his sister if he was too lazy to walk to her room. A few days of medicine and warm baths had made the bruising on Wei Yue's arms, legs, and back fade slightly, which seemed to please Jiang Yanli very much. Somehow, however, Wei Wuxian had figured out about how his sister had come to gain such marks on her body. This led him to the idea that he would kill Wen Chao and his ugly mistress one day, declaring this as he stood in front of a shocked Jiang Yanli and Wei Ying as his sister was having her fingers examined. When the day passed that marked a month since her arrival back at Lotus Pier hit, Wei Yingyue had received a letter from Lan Wangji. It was a response to a few letters that she had sent him, one of which was sent the same night of the fight between the two leaders of the Lotus Pier. The second was an apology regarding the first, and it also held wishes for the rest of Lan Zhan's family, wishing them luck and good health as they mourned Qingheng-Jun.

Now, as she sat out with her brother and Jiang Cheng she read the letter, taking in the information Lan Wangji had given here about how things were in Gusu. He also wished her luck and expressed how he was sorry for any conflicts that his friend faced with those in her home Sect. As she read further, she was informed that he still had no word from Lan Huan, which caused her to worry as she folded the letter, looking up as Wei Ying suddenly tossed his bow to the side.

"Let's wrap things up and stop playing this. Food is waiting at home." He declared, moving to sit next to his sister. He leaned into her side lightly, smiling as she wrapped her good arm around him as Jiang Cheng looked at her twin in confusion.

"So early today?" He asked.

"It's boring. Let's stop. Which ones were last in the round we just did? Go get them with our sixth shidi." Wei Ying ordered as he curled into his sister, closing his eyes as one of the boys looked at him.

"Shixiong, you're so tricky. You make others get them everything. That's shameless." The boy muttered, making Wei Yue chuckle as she shook her head.

"There is nothing to be done about it. Madam Yu doesn't let us leave. She's at the house right now." Wei Yingyue said, causing Wei Ying to nod as he peaked at the boy.

"Maybe Jinzhu and Yinzhu are watching from some corner, ready to turn me whenever possible. If I went out to get them, Madam Yu would whip a whole layer of skin off me and your Shijie." Wei Wuxian said to the little boy, making him frown before turning away as Wei Yingyue looked to Jiang Cheng, who was standing beside her and Wei Ying now.

"Uncle Jiang went out so early in the morning, why hasn't he come back yet? Do you think he'll make it back in time for dinner?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"At the Wen Sect for our swords again, isn't he? Wherever I think that my Sandu might be in the hands of a Wen-dog-" Wei Yingyue nodded at her dede's words.

"I wish I had Yin and Yang." She whispered, her hand clenching slightly.

"What a shame that our swords don't have that much spiritual energy yet. If they could sheath themselves, then nobody would be able to use them." Wei Wuxian said as he looked at the sky.

"If you cultivate for another eighty years, maybe then it would be possible." Jiang Cheng murmured, making Wei Yue chuckle when her eyes landed on some boys rushing towards them, shouting out to their seniors.

"Something's happened! Shixiong, Shixiong! Shijie, something's happened!" Wei Yingyue stood with her brother, looking down at their shidi's.

"What is it?" She asked, kneeling next to them.