第二十七章

"Wei Yingyue! Wei Yingyue!" Wei Wuxian shook his sister, looking around as he saw that Jiang Cheng had disappeared. "Yingying, please get up." He tapped her cheek and she blinked, looking around as she shot up.

"Where are we?" She asked, grabbing Wei Ying's arm.

"Yingying, did Jiang Cheng say anything about leaving?" She looked around before remembering, looking up at her brother before shaking her head.

"No, he never woke me. Why? Where is he?" She asked, raising an eyebrow as he pulled her up.

"I asked a cobbler but he said that Jiang  Cheng had left." He said, holding out the food in his hand. Wei Yue shook her head, looking in the direction of Lotus Pier.

"We need to go get him."

"I was thinking the same thing, that he went back to get the bodies." Wei Ying followed his sister, both of them trying to go as fast as they could. Wei Yue put the food that was slowing Wei Ying down into her Qiankun sleeve before they moved faster, running as fast as they could until Wei Wuxian started feeling faint. Wei Yue looked over as Wei Ying fell, his face landing in the dirt. She hurried over as he slammed his fist into the ground, lifting him up as she ignored the pain shooting through her body. Her hand fished around in her sleeve, pulling out a steamed bun before forcing her brother to take it. He began to eat it aggressively as the twins moved forwards, his eyes set straight ahead as they tried to make it to Lotus Pier as soon as they could.

By the time they reached the pier exhaustion wasn't even the word to describe the twins. They seemed to be more like ghost puppets than people, the metallic taste of blood from the strain that their body had been put through running through both of the twin's mouths as they set their eyes on the brightly-lit structure of Lotus Pier. Despite running as fast as they could, Jiang Cheng had not come into their path. Seeing as he was more exhausted and in shock than they were, he shouldn't have reached Lotus Pier before them. This made Wei Yue wonder if he had actually come back, or if he had gone to get his Jie without the company of her and Wei Ying.

"Come on." Wei Yue urged, rubbing Wei Wuxian's shoulder as she braced herself for what they might see inside. She held her brother's hand, leading him forwards as he returned the hold when a figure dressed in Wen clothes walked towards them. Wei Ying jumped ahead of his sister, grabbing the Wen disciple before pinning him down.

"Don't make any noise! Or else I'll break your neck at once!" He growled, his voice in a more ruthless tone than Wei Yingyue had ever heard before.

"Young Master Wei! Young Mistress, i-it's me!" Wei Yue looked at the boy, looking down at him as her brows furrowed.

"Don't play any tricks." She warned, her eyes narrowed as she stood next to Wei Ying.

"I-I don't play any tricks. Young Master Wei, you can look at my face." Wei Ying hesitated before turning the boy around, letting him see his face.

"Who are you?" Wei Wuxian asked, glancing at his sister as she frowned.

"Wen Ning." She whispered, crossing her arms as she looked around them.

"Who is Wen Ning?" Wei Wuxian snapped, growing as he looked between his sister and the boy.

"He's the archer from The Discussion Conference that was at Qishan two years ago Wei Ying." She put a hand on her brother's arm, making him let Wen Ning go.

"T-that's me! Yesterday I saw you, Young Master Wei, and Young Master Jiang!" He stuttered, looking at Wei Yue. "I thought you might be back again." He finished, looking at Wei Wuxian as he stared at him.