第十七章

It was the Discussion Conference of the QishanWen Sect and Wei Yingyue had stuck to Sect Leader Fengmian's side as they walked through the Nightless City. He was leading Wei Yue and Jiang Cheng to the courtyard where they had to wait for the Wen Clan, the disciples of the YunmengJiang Sect followed close behind their leader and Seniors.

"Jiejie, where did Wei Wuxian go?" Wei Yue turned her head and looked at Jiang Cheng, raising an eyebrow as she looked at where her brother had been.

"He'll find his way, don't worry." Uncle Fengmian said as he glanced at them, his eyes landing on Wei Yue and her hold on her bow. "Do you plan on entering the archery competition?" He asked lightly, smiling when she nodded.

"Of course Jiejie is going to enter, she is one of our best archers!" Jiang Cheng exclaimed as he wrapped an arm around his Sworn Sister, who smiled widely in turn as she wrapped her arm around his waist. As soon as they made their way into the Nightless City, Sect Leader Fengmian walked up to where the other Sect Leaders were sitting, leaving Wei Yue, Jiang Cheng, and the disciples alone. They talked with each other, looking around to see what Sects were here.

"He's here." Jiang Cheng looked down at Wei Yue, following her gaze to see Jin Zixuan glance at the younger girl, turning away when he met her eyes. "I can't believe he said those things, Ah-Cheng."

"Jiejie, my sister is fine. She knows she deserves better, so stop worrying." Wei Yue turned and nodded, opening her mouth to say something when she saw her brother rushing to them.

"Wei Wuxian, where did you go?" Wei Yingyue snapped, looking at her brother with narrowed eyes.

"Thankfully someone helped out, otherwise I would have been lost!" He laughed, turning to look at the drum that was behind the two glaring at him. "Wow! This must be the famous Qiong Qi Drum. Spectacular!" Wei Ying mused, looking up at it in wonder. "Is this really made of skin from Qiong Qi?" He looked at his twin sister, smiling widely as she rolled her eyes before he looked at something over her shoulder, frowning as the disciples started talking about the drum. Wei Yingyue looked around as she walked away from the group of boys, crossing her arms when she saw familiar white robes.

"Lan Huan!" She called when she was behind the man, grinning as he turned towards her with wide eyes, a smile breaking across his face when he saw her.

"Wei Yue." He smirked as he bowed his head, his eyes landing on her bow and arrows. "You're participating?" He asked.

"I am one of the best archers in the Sect, so says my brother and Jiang Cheng." He nodded and opened his mouth to speak, though he was cut off by a loud voice.

"Wangji, when did you come by?" Wei Yue looked over as she saw Wei Wuxian jumping in front of Lan Wangji, a wide smile stretching across his face as he bothered the older man.

"The idiot never learns." Wei Yingyue chuckled as she crossed her arms, watching as her twin brother annoyed Lan Zhan.

"You love him, he's your brother." Lan Xichen stated as he looked down at her, nudging her slightly as his eyes shifted to his younger brother. "How have things been at home?" Wei Yue shrugged, pursing her lips as she thought about all the things that have happened in the past few months.

"Madam Yu has been ignoring me for the most part, but she made sure that the disciples stayed away from me when it was time to train. Wei Ying and I mainly practice together, seeing as she doesn't want us to disturb them." She explained lightly when Lan Zhan made his way to them, nodding to his friend gently. "Sorry about him, Lan Zhan." She whispered as she patted his arm, giving it a light squeeze as she walked back to her Sect when the drumming began.