its been you

ITS BEEN YOU

the summer daniel moved to garden city changed everything. it was a small town, population 2,000 citizens. it was the perfect city, straight out of a movie. it had a drive-in theater, small diners, boat harbors, parks, and lastly; crazy teenagers.

filthy rich, drug addicted, teenagers. rumor has it that girls will give out blowjobs for a dimebag of weed or a gram of cocaine.

daniel was an odd ball, coming from an even smaller town, population 800 citizens. he had never touched a drug in his life, been to a party, or received a blowjob from a girl who was desperate for drugs.

until he met jonah marais. he met him when he had his tires changed after driving across the country to garden city. jonah's family owned 'marais mechanics', the most popular vehicle shop in town.

"what is there to do around here?" daniel asked, sitting on the bench in the auto-shop.

"party. do drugs. have sex. steal. some kid burned down a house the other day, so i suppose you can add that to the list." jonah said as he raised daniel's car.

"what is there to do for people like me?" daniel asked, chewing on the dog tag that hung around his neck.

"people like you.. introverts, i assume?" jonah asked, removing one of the tires from daniel's car.

"mhmm." daniel hummed, watching as jonah replaced the old tire with a brand new one.

"party. do drugs. have sex. steal. introverts aren't a thing around here." jonah said.

"oh." daniel mumbled.

"what were your grades like at your old school?" jonah asked.

"why is that relevant?" daniel asked, furrowing his brows.

"just tell me."

"good? they were pretty good i guess?"

"you good at math?" jonah asked, turning to face daniel.

"i suppose? why?" jonah grinned.

"you wanna make a little extra cash over the summer, dawson?"

"it's daniel, and i mean, i guess?"

"great. me and my buddy jack supply the teenagers that live around here with their drugs. sounds like you'd fit right in with us. nobody expects some twink like you to deal drugs, yeah?" jonah asked.

"what?" daniel said, confused at the offer that was just placed on the table.

"deal or not? i'll teach you everything i know." jonah said. scared of what might happen if he were to reject jonah's offer, daniel quickly blurted out that he'd agree. "great. let me finish up your car and then we'll get to talking, yeah?"

"uh, yeah, sure—i mean, yeah. take your time." daniel said, watching as jonah continued to work on his car.

-

"listen to everything i say, got it? write this down in your head. engrave it in your skull." jonah said, biting into a fry.

"okay?" daniel said, taking a bite of his bacon cheese burger.

they had taken daniel's car out to jonah's favorite diner, located right in the middle of garden city.

"never, and i mean never speak to corbyn besson, you hear me? he's our biggest competition in this industry—"

"i thought it was only you doing what you do?" daniel asked, taking a sip of his coca-cola.

"yeah, i am. and there's also corbyn besson. he's filthy rich. he's got the wits. nobody ever knows where he is until he's dealed to someone, and even then nobody knows where he goes. he's a dirty fucking whore though, that's for sure. always sleeping around. but that's not the point, stay away from him. if i find out you're anywhere in a one-hundred foot radius of him, i'll beat the shit out of you. don't think i won't."

daniel nodded.

"how about we actually just talk about what i'm helping you with?" daniel asked, nervously tapping his foot against the tile floor.

"right. as of right now, our best selling amount are dimebags. you know what a dimebag is, dan?"

"it's daniel. and no, i don't."

"it's a 2 by 2 inch bag of weed. worth about twenty dollars. but if we're talking about cocaine.." jonah became quiet. "we sell a gram of cocaine for ninety-six dollars. got that?" jonah asked, raising his eye brows.

"yeah, i got it." daniel mumbled.

"corbyn besson.." daniel thought, letting jonah blabber on.