its been you

ITS BEEN YOU

the morning after daniel was caught sneaking back in was awkward.

"words can't describe how disappointed we are in you, daniel. first, we ground you. then you sneak out and get high? you could have overdosed!" his mother said, tears in her eyes.

"don't be ridiculous, i'd never overdose. look mama, i'm really sorry. i'm sorry dad, i never meant to worry you guys. it won't happen again, just let me go out. if it happens again, i swear, you can send me away. not have to worry anymore. just let me go back out. at least i'm making friends!"

"drug addicted friends!" daniel's father said.

"well at least i have someone." daniel said.

"they always fall for the guilt card." daniel thought, slouching in his chair.

"we have to discuss this. for now, you're free. but you better be keeping your word. you come home like that again, you're gone." his mother said.

"thank you guys so much. i promise it won't happen again." daniel said, getting up from his chair. "i'm going to head out. bye, love you guys." daniel said as he grabbed his keys from the counter, jogging out to his car. "idiots." daniel mumbled as he pulled out of the driveway.

daniel headed straight over to jack's. all he could think about was cocaine. as he drove, he dialed jonah's number.

"hey, dan. what's up?"

"i'm heading over to jack's. are you guys there?"

"we're at the shop, but i guess we can come over. you almost there?"

"yeah, i'm a couple houses away. i'm going to do a little coke. just a bit though. take your time." daniel said as he pulled into jack's driveway, parking his car.

"alright. we're leaving now. we're going to stop and get gas though, so we might be a little late."

"alright, bye." daniel said as he hung up, letting himself into jack's house. he shut the door behind him before heading downstairs. and although he didn't really know what he was doing, he mixed up water and cocaine, tightening his belt around his arm.

"you're going to kill yourself daniel." daniel thought back to what corbyn said.

"it's not like i'm trying to kill myself, i just wanna be happy." daniel said as he dropped the needle into the container, sucking up the mixture. he inserted the needle to a vein that had begin to bulge, emptying the needle.

he pulled the needle out, discarding it on the table.

"oh shit." daniel mumbled, blinking his eyes as he stumbled around the room. daniel collapsed, hitting the ground with a hard thud.

-

"dan!" jonah called as him and jack entered the house. "dan?" jonah said, waiting for a response.

"what if.." jack said as he closed the door, locking it.

"don't freak me out like that, jack." jonah said as the two jogged down the stairs, opening the door to the basement.

"holy fucking shit." jack mumbled. daniel was passed out on the floor in a pool of his own stomach contents. his eyes were rolled backwards and the belt was still wrapped around his arm.

"fuck!" jonah said, running over to daniel. he felt for a pulse. "jack, get the fucking narcan." jonah said once he felt a pulse. jack hurried over to one of the basement cabinets, grabbing narcan. they always had narcan in case one of them were to overdose, just like daniel. jack hurried back over, spraying the narcan up daniel's nostril.

the two watched as daniel coughed harshly, eyes rolling forward.

"it's okay dan." jonah whispered as he sat down on the floor, pulling daniel into his lap. he wrapped his arms around him, pulling him close. "it's okay." jonah said once daniel began coughing again.

"what happened?" daniel said wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.

"you overdosed you fucking idiot." jonah said, running his hand through daniel's hair.
daniel's mouth was dry and he was sweaty. he was covered in his own throw up, but jonah could care less. "if we would've found you any later i don't know what would have happened." jonah said, a tear escaping his eye.

"we're glad we found you." jack said, sighing in relief.

"how am i alive?" daniel asked.

"narcan. it practically saves anyone who's overdosed." jack said, holding up the nasal spray.

"i didn't try killing myself." daniel said. "i just wanted to get really high."

"no more coke for you." jonah whispered. "i don't know what i'd do with myself if we found you any later."

"i'll get him some water." jack said as he headed back upstairs.

"my parents can't find out about this." daniel said as jonah squeezed him.

"yeah no shit." jonah said. "you should spend the night somewhere other than your house, it's probably best." jonah said.

"i don't have anyone else at the moment." daniel said once jonah finally let him go. "can i stay with you?"

"it's probably best you don't. i need to take a break, daniel." jonah said. "this is the only time i'll ever say this, but do you think corbyn would let you stay with him?" jonah said.

"maybe if you talk to him about it." daniel said as he tried standing up.

"well, he'll have to. i'll beat his ass if he doesn't." jonah said, helping daniel up the stairs. daniel had a glass of water and let his parents know where he would be going before jonah drove daniel to corbyn's house. jonah knocked on corbyn's door, awaiting a response.

the door opened and corbyn's brows scrunched when he saw the two.

"can i help?" corbyn asked.

"yeah, you fucking can. daniel overdosed. he's staying the night at your house." jonah said, gently pushing daniel inside.

"what?" corbyn asked.

"did you not hear? he overdosed. he can't go home tonight. let him stay here, no more questions. bye, dan. i'll see you tomorrow." jonah said as he got back into his truck, driving off. corbyn shut the door as he massaged his temple.

"why? why daniel?" corbyn asked.

"look, i wasn't trying to kill myself. i just did too much."

"i fucking knew this would happen. i shouldn't have let you even touch the drug." corbyn said as he lead daniel to the bathroom. "you're gonna' die if you keep this up." corbyn said as he leaned against the bathroom doorway.

"i'm aware, corbyn." daniel said as he tugged off his shirt. "are you just going to watch me?" daniel said as he stepped out of his pants.

"i want you to stay safe daniel."

"frankly, i don't care."

"why are you acting like this?" corbyn asked.

"why did you act the way you did last night?"