its been you

ITS BEEN YOU

daniel and jonah weren't on good terms. after jonah forced daniel to confess to him what he had done with corbyn, he told him what zach planned on doing.

and damn, was daniel scared. corbyn was scared shitless as well. he stayed up late on the couch imagining a life in prison. but on the other hand, his family had enough to bail him out on practically any charge—but his life was still on the line. jonah though, jonah couldn't give two shits if he died. it was bound to happen someday, so it didn't matter to him when it did.

the next night, daniel stayed up and mindlessly doodled on a piece of paper at his desk, thinking of all the time he spent with corbyn. from chasing each other down in the field after his high wore off, making love in the backseat of corbyn's car, the nicknames, their first kiss, the late night talks, everything.

but then he remembered corbyn wasn't his.

and that pissed him off.

"fucking bitch." daniel mumbled, setting his pencil down. he slouched in his chair, staring out his window. the same window he'd sneak out of to see corbyn. daniel sighed as he picked up his phone, scrolling to jonah's contact. he clicked it, holding the phone up to his ear.

"hello." jonah said once he answered.

"hey. are you still mad?"

"i'll never not be mad at you." jonah said on the other line.

"right."

"why'd you call me this late?"

"i've just never felt more alone." daniel said. jonah was silent for a few moments.

"go to bed, daniel. we can speak tomorrow, in person. night." jonah hung up, setting his phone down on his nightstand. daniel sighed as he wiped a tear away, getting into bed.

it's safe to say daniel didn't get much sleep that night, and the next morning his parents noticed. daniel brushed it off and said he just had a bad dream, even though he had just spent the night crying.

and to add on to depressing shit, it began to rain about an hour before daniel headed over to the shop. when daniel arrived to marais mechanics, he parked his car out front and grabbed his pistol from the back seat, tucking it into his pants before slouching inside.

"hey, jo." daniel mumbled, plopping down on the bench next to jonah.

"hey." jonah said. "you look fucked."

"had a rough night." daniel said as he rubbed his eye. "i cried most of it." daniel said. jonah wrapped his arms around daniel's waist, tugging him onto his lap.

"i may be fuckin' pissed at you but i still care about you, and you can't do that to yourself dan. the odds of zach actually doing what he says are small. he's a pussy, just like everyone else in garden city." daniel nodded as he laid his head on jonah's shoulder, closing his eyes.

and if daniel pretended hard enough, jonah's arms felt like corbyn's and he felt safe. the feeling of someone else's warmth and the way jonah ran his hand along daniel's back made daniel feel good for the first time in almost twenty-four hours.

"i'm sorry jo."

"it's okay, dan."

"jo?"

"hmm?"

"i need you to do me a favor." daniel whispered.

"what is it?"

"i need a gram bag." jonah patted daniel's back.

"i can't give you that."

"i need it, jo. just this last time." daniel said as jonah continued to rub and pat his back.

"no, dan." jonah said as daniel scooted off of him and stood up.

"i fucking need it, jo! look at me! just one last bag! i'm fucked up jo!" jonah watched as daniel pointed to the tears in his eyes, along with his eye bags.

"you can't have it!" jonah said as he watched daniel reach into his pants, showing the grip of his gun.

"let me fucking have it, jo."

"what're you gonna' do? shoot me? who are you, zach herron?" daniel bit his lip as he grabbed his pistol, pointing it at jonah. "fucking do it, daniel." daniel's hand shook as his finger made it's way to the trigger. "you need help or something? just shoot me." jonah said as he watched daniel's hand shake.

daniel was too focused on jonah to realize a car had pulled up into the parking lot of the shop. they parked their car before opening the door, quickly stepping out. jonah glanced over.

"is that.." daniel mumbled, watching as the brunette held a hand gun up, firing it off at jonah. daniel screamed as the bullet made contact with jonah's skull. daniel pointed his pistol at zach, pulling the trigger. it fired until there were no more bullets in the cylinder. daniel kept his eyes shut the entire time. when all of the bullets had been emptied, daniel's eyes peeked open and he dropped his weapon. he looked at jonah first.

"holy shit." daniel thought, letting the tears fall from his eyes. he pulled his phone out from his pocket, dialing corbyn's number.

"daniel! i thought you'd never speak to me again—"

"come to the shop. now."

-

corbyn was nervous as he pulled into the parking lot.

"what the fuck?" he mumbled as he parked his car, stepping out. he held his hands over his head to avoid the rain. "holy fuck.." corbyn mumbled as he approached zach's body. his face went pale and his eyes went wide. "d-did you do this?" corbyn asked as he covered his mouth with his hand.

"i had to! he shot jonah!" daniel said as he wiped away his tears. corbyn walked through the pool of blood and into the shop, staring at jonah's lifeless body. daniel was leaned up against jonah's tool box, head in his hands.

"were fucked. we're absolutely fucked. not only are the police going to have us as the main suspects, we're going to have to explain why all of this happened." corbyn whispered as he sat down next to daniel.

"you think i didn't know that, corbyn?" daniel said. corbyn grabbed one of daniel's hands, holding it in his own.

"i'm really, really sorry. this is all my fault. i shouldn't have spoken to you in the diner that day. and now that we're here, i never realized it, buts it's been you. it's always been you." corbyn said.

"i know it has, corbyn."

"i'm so sorry, daniel."

"it's okay corbyn."