its been you

ITS BEEN YOU

corbyn nervously pulled into the marais mechanics parking lot, exiting his car. corbyn wasn't there to cause trouble or a disturbance, he was simply there for an oil change..

..since his parents had never taught him how to do it.

"long time no speak." corbyn said as he made his way into the shop.

"what the fuck are you doing here?" jonah snapped as he wiped his hands off with a rag.

"oil change. i don't want to cause any problems." corbyn said, nodding to his mustang parked out front. jonah paused for a moment.

"be extremely grateful i'm doing this for you." jonah said. "drive it in here." and corbyn did just that.

"how are things with the newby?" corbyn asked, sitting down on the bench.

"that's none of your god damn business, besson." corbyn caught his lip between his teeth.

"i heard he sold a pound of cocaine."

"yeah, he did. sad you can't have that much, huh?" jonah mocked.

"he's been working for you for a little over a week, and he's doing better than you ever could when we were partners."

"i'd watch it if i were you." jonah said. "he's delusional if he thinks it's going to be that easy to distribute another amount that large."

"i personally think he's doing just fine if he's already distributed an amount that large. he's smart. that whole 4 by 4 idea is brilliant. even i was dumb enough to fall for it."

"i told him if i ever found out he was close to you again, i'd kick his ass. so if you care about my little twink that much, i suggest you stay away." jonah said, stepping away from the car.

"your car is ready. see how simple that was, besson? took ten minutes." corbyn got up from the bench, lifting jonah's chin up with his index finger.

"i'd like to see you lay a hand on him in front of me. see how it goes." corbyn mumbled, pointing to the pistol he carried.

-

"you haven't been hanging out with corbyn, right? you know what i said about being around him." jonah warned as he weighed the gram of cocaine on the scale.

"i'm sure he remembers, jo." jack said.

"it's not like it's something i could forget." daniel mumbled, zipping a 4 by 4 up.

"good. he's a faggot." jonah said, taking a drag of the blunt he had.

"what's wrong with being a faggot?" daniel asked, furrowing his brows.

"nothing, daniel." jack said, stepping in. "'just a word jonah says." daniel rolled his eyes.

"yeah, there better not be a problem with it." daniel snapped, slamming his pistol down on the table.

"oh what are you gonna' do, shoot me?" jonah mocked. "i wish you fucking would."

"let's just calm down, alright?" jack said. "let's go, daniel. we have some dealing to do." jack said, grabbing the baggies.

"yeah, whatever." daniel mumbled, grabbing the baggies he had and his pistol as well, following jack upstairs. the two made their way out to the truck, jack driving.

"there's nothing wrong with being gay. jonah's just an asshole about it because of corbyn." jack reassured as they pulled out of the driveway.

"i don't think jonah gives two shits about me. if i could go back in time to a week ago, i'd turn down jonah's offer." daniel mumbled, crossing his arms.

"just let him warm up to you more. he told me he was proud of you for being able to deal the pound of coke. who'd you deal it to, anyway?"

daniel gulped.

"doesn't matter as long as i got the money, right?" jack shrugged, nodding.

"you can tell me anything, daniel. i'm not a narc. i won't tell jo."

"corbyn. i dealed it to corbyn." daniel said quietly, almost a whisper. "he's not as bad as jonah says he is. so far he's been the kindest to me. we went to the movies together. i feel sympathy for him." daniel said.

"you can't ever be more than friends." jack warned.

"i know. he'd never like me like that, anyway. i'm not filthy rich like everyone else is. i don't do drugs, i don't party." daniel mumbled.

"not everything around here is about money." jack said, parking the car.

"sure seems like it is." daniel snapped, getting out the vehicle.