its been you

ITS BEEN YOU

daniel spent his stay at corbyn's on the living room couch, trying to avoid him at all costs. in the middle of the night, daniel woke up to a nudge.

"hmm?" daniel hummed, flipping over on the couch.

"wake up. the stars look really pretty." corbyn whispered, nudging daniel once more.

"i'm trying to sleep." daniel mumbled, covering his head with the blanket he was given.

"come on, let's just go look at the stars." corbyn said, pulling the blanket off of daniel.

"fine." daniel said in an angry tone, sitting up on the couch. he was only in his briefs, so he snatched the blanket back from corbyn, wrapping it around him.

"let's go on the balcony, come on." corbyn said, hurrying up the stairs. daniel followed behind, still trying to completely wake up. "aren't they gorgeous?" corbyn asked as the two stood on the balcony. he pointed at an extra bright star.

"yeah, they're great." daniel said.

"i've always really liked space. that's why i went star gazing with you. i thought maybe you liked stars too. do you?" corbyn asked.

"i suppose. they're cool. i like looking at them i guess." daniel said.

"what did overdosing feel like?"

"i cant remember anything."

"oh. well i'm glad you're okay." corbyn said, sticking his hands in his pajama pants' pockets.

"thanks." daniel mumbled.

"school starts soon." corbyn said, rocking back and forth on his heels.

"yeah. i'm looking forward to it, i guess. i'm not at the same time, though. i don't want to be the new kid, but i'm excited i won't have to work with jack and jonah anymore. i like them a lot, but it will be nice to have my normal life back."

"what did they do when they found you?" corbyn asked.

"they gave me narcan."

"i had to give narcan to jonah once. that shit was scary. i thought he was dead." corbyn said. "he tried killing himself. that's when his mom died, y'know. only three people attended her funeral."

"he told me that."

"it was him, her co-worker, and me. she killed herself because she hated jonah. always did."

"that's sad." corbyn nodded.

"i'm sorry for saying what i said. it's just that—"

"i don't really wanna' hear. we've had sex, we've kissed, we've star gazed together, we've done corny shit. i don't want to hear your apology. you need to stop playing with my heart because you can't figure out yours." daniel said. "i'm going to go back to sleep, i'll be gone in the morning."

and daniel did just that. he was gone the next morning, back to his house. he ate breakfast with his parents like he wasn't almost dead the day before, and then he was out. he called jack as he drove down the street.

"hey jack, i had a shitty night, and i don't have any coke. i need some, i promise i'm not going to overdose again or anything, that was an accident. i just need a gram bag, i'll even pay you."

"jonah said you can't help us deal coke or package it anymore. he doesn't want you killin' yourself. you're not allowed to have anymore." jack said on the other line, locking the door to his house.

"come on, jack. just a bag. it's not a big deal. i'm pulling up now, okay? bye." daniel said as he parked his car, getting out.

daniel went to open the door, but it didn't budge.