its been you

ITS BEEN YOU

daniel woke up to a tapping at his window. it was bright inside his room, and he could see every dust particle in the rays of sun.

"what the fuck?" daniel mumbled, getting out of bed to see what was happening at his window. "jonah?" daniel asked, opening the window.

unfortunately for daniel, jonah was still throwing rocks when the window was opened, and one of them hit him right in the face.

"ouch! what the fuck asshole? how do you know where i live?" daniel snapped, rubbing his face.

"i literally drove you home last night! now get dressed and get your ass down here, we have business to do!" jonah yelled, pointing to his truck parked outside.

"shit," daniel thought, as he had forgotten the whole ordeal the two had.

"yeah, yeah, one second." daniel said as he shut his window, quickly getting dressed. he wore skinny jeans and a tank top, and he took a minute to style his hair. "mom i'm going somewhere!" daniel yelled, awaiting a response.

after he didn't get one, daniel left on his own, jogging down the front porch stairs and to jonah's truck.

"what are we doing today?" daniel asked, buckling his seat belt.

"we are going to bag some drugs, and then we'll have you make your first deal. how's that sound?" jonah asked, driving in the direction of jack's house.

"aren't we moving a bit fast?" daniel asked.

"there's no waiting in this industry. addicts go crazy when they don't have their drugs, dan. it's called withdrawal." daniel nodded.

"right. where are we going?"

"jack's. my other buddy, remember?" jonah asked, pulling into jack's driveway.

"yeah, yeah, jack." daniel said, hopping out of the truck.

jonah unlocked the house, letting the two in.

it wasn't what daniel expected. he expected some run-down, old house that had a meth lab basement, but he was wrong.

it was big just like every other house in garden city, and the interior was even nicer than expected. it had a white and gold theme, and daniel ran his hand along the railing as they made their way downstairs.

"don't touch anything you don't have to. 'leaves fingerprints." jonah said as he opened the door to the basement.

"hey, jack! this is dan, our new little buddy. nobody would suspect him of doing anything!" jonah said, pointing to daniel. daniel on the other hand, was taking in the interior of the basement.

there were bins filled to the brim with bags of marijuana and cocaine. they were all gallon bags, and daniel looked around at the shelves and tables in the basement. there were bongs everywhere, and on the table was a cup full of needles, along with a scale.

"do you guys.. do the drugs?" daniel asked, poking a bag of weed on the table.

"yeah? i don't know a single person in garden city who doesn't do drugs." jack said. "wait a damn minute, did you hire someone whose never done drugs?" jack asked, hitting jonah's shoulder.