its been you

ITS BEEN YOU

"so? tell me what happened." daniel said as corbyn got into the car. it was the night after the two had went to the bakery.

"don't you think that's not your business?" corbyn asked.

"just curious." daniel said. "so guess what?"

"hmm?" corbyn asked.

"a few days back, jack told me i'd have to choose between you or him and jo." corbyn bit his bottom lip.

"who are choosing?"

"i dunno'. i mean, spending time with you makes me feel good. it's like being high without drugs, y'know? but on the other hand, i know jonah cares about me a lot-"

"he doesn't though." daniel bit the inside of his cheek.

"yes, he does corbyn."

"keep telling yourself that."

"he does, c. i know he does. i just know it. when he's not a fucking bitch, he's really cool."

"only times he's not a bitch is when he's drunk." corbyn said, looking over at daniel.

daniel thought for a moment. what corbyn said was true.

"whatever." daniel said as they stopped at the stoplight.

"anyway, where are we going?" corbyn asked.

"some field outside of town. i saw it when i dropped off jo. we can watch the sunset." corbyn smiled.

"i said it once and i'll say it again, you are a rare find daniel seavey."

"i know i am."

"alright, asshole." corbyn said as he laughed, watching as daniel's mouth crept up into a smile. "how's dealing since the whole jonah incident?"

"pretty good i guess, jack and i found this group of adults who are interested in coke. they're not interested in killing us during deals, so that's nice." daniel said, parking the car on the side of the road. "there's a blanket in the backseat, i'll grab it." daniel said, watching as corbyn got out of the car and headed into the field. daniel grabbed them blanket, quickly catching up the corbyn.

"look at the sky." corbyn said.

it was a vibrant orange and yellow, wisps of blue and purple here and there.

"yeah, it's gorgeous." daniel said as he laid down the blanket, sitting down on it. corbyn did the same, leaning back on his elbows. "i brought another thing, but i left it in the car." daniel said, scratching the back of his neck.

"yeah? what is it?" corbyn asked, focusing his attention on daniel rather than the sky.

"cocaine." daniel mumbled, nervous as ever.

"why'd you bring cocaine?" corbyn asked,  furrowing his brows.

"i think it's time i get high."

"no. you're not getting high. not around me." corbyn said.

"oh come on, i need to check it off my list!" daniel said, pouting.