its been you

ITS BEEN YOU

daniel woke up to his phone ringing. he squinted his eyes as he sat up, wiping the dried blood off from his face. corbyn had fallen asleep at his side. daniel grabbed his phone from his pocket, answering the call.

"hello?" daniel asked as he rubbed his eyes.

"god dammit daniel where are you?"

"shit." daniel mumbled as he stood up. "i'm sorry mom, i'm at corbyn's house. i-i fell asleep. i'm coming home now."

"you better not stay out and get in to trouble again! we sent you away for a reason!"

"i know mom! i'm coming home right now!" daniel said as he hung up, shoving his phone back into his pocket. he looked at corbyn who was sound asleep on the bed. then he looked at the bag next to him. he grabbed the money from the bag, as well as the gram bags that were discarded on the dresser.

daniel had two options.

he could use the gram bags to start dealing again and find a supplier, or he could keep them for himself. it's not like he could become addicted again, since nobody else was dealing in garden city.

"i'll decide when i get home." daniel said as he shoved the belongings into his pockets. he quietly snuck out of corbyn's house and drove back home. to daniel's surprise, his mother was asleep on the couch, presumably awaiting her son's arrival. daniel bit his lip as he headed upstairs and to his bedroom, making sure to lock his door behind him.

he placed the gram bags and money on his desk, sitting down in his chair. there were only five gram bags, but with just those five baggies he could have four-hundred and eighty dollars. daniel sighed as he opened up his desk drawer, sliding the money and cocaine into it. he closed it back up before stripping of his clothes and getting into bed.

the next morning, daniel received a lecture from his parents. he didn't listen to most of it. he had other things to think about.

and one of them was corbyn.

daniel didn't know how to feel about him. he loved the boy a lot, but something felt off. very, very, off.

"are you listening daniel?" daniel looked up from his lap and at his father.

"yeah, sorry." daniel mumbled.

"you cannot keep up this behavior! school is starting in a few days!" his father scolded.

"i know dad, i'm sorry." daniel said.

"i don't know what's gotten into you." daniel rolled his eyes as he slouched in his chair.

"can i just leave?" daniel asked as he looked back up at his father. jeff sighed as he ran his hands down his face.

"fine, daniel." daniel quickly got up from his chair and exited the house, making sure to grab his keys on the way out.

everything felt off. nothing felt right. just months ago daniel was a shy, innocent kid new to town. how could everything just change in a matter of months?

as daniel drove down the street, his phone began to ring.

"corbyn," daniel mumbled as he picked up his phone from the center console. "hello?" daniel said once he answered the call.