Nine

People without magic are flaws to their family's names so are either hidden away from society or abandoned.

Eventually, in the afternoon, Micah was ready to leave the palace.

His mother stood beside the carriage dabbing the occasional tear that slide down her cheeks and because she was there, Racheal and Enid could'nt be which upset Micah because those were who he wanted to be with before he departed.

"Your father and brother would have liked to be here but they were tied up in important work".

He knew they weren't, they just didn't want to subject themselves to unnecessary discomfort.

Micah felt a little guilty for not really caring that his mother was even trying.

"It fine mother thank you for coming to see me off but I'm affraid it may be too much for you".

Out of the corner of his eye he saw Enid running out of the palace; Raccheal running close behind trying to stop her.

"Micah!" Enid ran towards the carriage not sparing the queen a second glance. She hoped onto the carriage and hugged him.

"You were going to leave without saying good bye."

Micah held her close to him so his mother would not see her face, least she recognise the similarites between her and her and her sister-in-law.

"Who's this." His mother asked.

"Oh, she's just my maid's child, she's really attached."  The queen eyed the child curiously.

"She doesn't seem affected by your pressure."

"Um .... yes she dose'nt have an magic."

"Oh, I see" The queen immidiately looked repulsed which made Micah angry.

"Enid I love you very much. Take care of your mum for me." He whispered to her just as Racheal got to the carriage.

She bowed deeply to the queen and carried Enid off Micah.

"I will,bye Micah" Enid said holding on to his hands.

"Bye." he said solemnly as she let go.

Racheal stole one last look at him and nodded softly with a small smile before she ran back off into the palace.

...

Racheal, with Enid on one hand and their bags on another walked down the busy streets of Manderin.

"I can walk you know Racheal." Enid said softly.

"I know that but I don't want you getting lost."

"Don't treat me like a kid!" Enid hit her lightly

"Last time I check you are a kid." Racheal joked, but after a while she let Enid down.

"Finally! You know I promised Micah that I'd take care of you."

"I feel safer all ready."

They were going down to Avery's shop after leaving the palace probably for good.

Racheal had already prepared to steel herself against Avery.
She was ready to take anything for Enid's sake.

"There it is!" Enid yelled and ran towards the shop leaving Racheal hand.

Racheal's heart sunk as she saw Enid knocked excitedly on the door.

"Avery, were here!"

"Enid calm down. The shop's not going anywhere." Racheal said chasing Enid, a bit frightened to walk through the door.