Threats

There was no exact name for Cami's side business. When she'd approached Petra about being a partner in a group for people with hidden sexual desires it wasn't like they wrote out a business plan. The two women worked together to get the ball rolling. The closest they'd come to a name was sexuals anonymous.

When Clark called it Sex Therapy Cami felt like that was the right fit. Even without a therapy degree she felt like she was a therapist. Sex is so taboo but still a bigger piece of people then they like to think. Cami had seen countless times how her business helped others.

By day she was a coffee queen. By night she was a sex therapist. Both titles suited her just fine. Her two jobs balanced her out, giving her a sense of purpose and fulfillment.

"You look beautiful today Cami," Clark said with a wink, grabbing his cup of coffee off the counter. They'd fallen into somewhat of a routine. He came in everyday just before lunch and stayed until closing at six. After the Damien encounter he didn't want to leave her at the shop, even when Alex or Renee was there. Renee had taken quite a shine to him.

"He reminds me of my English lit professor," the bubbly twenty one year old blonde had gushed. "But why is he here everyday, doesn't he have a job?"

Cami rolled her eyes, her back to Renee. "Yes, he's a journalist. Now can you stop gawking at the customers and do your job?" Renee popped her bubblegum loudly.

"Just curious," she'd grumbled before walking away.

Even Alex was confused by Clark's presence. "Are you two like dating or something?" He finally asked when it had been a week since the Damien visit.

"No Alex, we aren't dating."

"Then why is he here every day? And he always stays until close. If your seeing him Cami you could tell me. Or if he's bothering you..." Cami sighed and hung her head.

"Alex, he's a friend. No we are not dating."

She turned to look at him. Concern burned brightly in his hazel eyes. "Is everything ok Cami?" He asked. He didn't show it often but he really cared about her. She'd taken him in off the street and cared for him. She'd pushed him to finish high school, even helping him get into college. He'd never told her the extent of his past but she didn't pressure him. She been like a cool aunt for the past few years

"If your sure," he'd said, not entirely convinced.

"Head on out Alex, I'm sure you've got homework. Why don't you come by for some chili this weekend?" Alex smiled brightly. One thing he could never resist was free home cooked food.

Cami began her usual closing time cleanup. She heard Clark's laptop click closed behind her. She'd actually really began to enjoy these 30-45 minutes alone with him. "Need any help today?" he called out. Cami smiles slightly.

"If you could organize the games, make sure all pieces are present and accounted for."

"Aye aye captain," he said sharply. Cami stifled a giggle. He always did that to her. Turned her into a mess. There had been no other sexual contact between them since their kiss a week ago. Cami found herself quite disappointed, especially with all the quite time they spent together.

"So," Clark called out, breaking the silence, "What came first, sex therapy or the coffee shop?"

Cami started spraying disinfectant along the counter. With a rag she began scrubbing. "The shop was first. I decided I'd had enough of working for others. I wanted a space that was my own. Then after taking some time for myself and seeking professional help I'd realized I wanted somewhere for those with desires, like me, to go and feel safe."