Chapter Thirteen

Entrapta hurriedly let go of Hordak and twisted her head to clearly see Hord Prime. His hand still remained on the lever, and he was still giving off major creep vibes with his smile. Hordak, upon glancing back at him, looked newly worried, his eyes seeming to waver as his previous smile dropped. He looked as if he wanted to say something, but couldn't decide on what exactly to say. 

Just as Hordak decided, he was about to shout out a loud 'No', Hord Prime removed his hand from the lever. His smile dramatically increased, and his eyes scrunched up slightly from how large his smile was. It was sickening to see the utmost joy present on his face for ruining such a previously sweet moment. 

If you thought he couldn't get worse, though, he did. Letting out a loud, echoing laugh, Hord Prime began to slowly clap his hands. His hair ruffled upwards slightly before setting back down, and he took enough steps forward to be only an arm's length from Entrapta and Hordak. The galactic leader finally ended his laughing there with a satisfied sigh and smiled again. Maybe even a bit wider than before. 

He said nothing for a moment or two, savoring the faces in from of him. Entrapta had a look of confusion and even a bit of fear. Hordak's face was much more delightful to look at, though. So conflicted, so confused, so... fearful. Hord Prime could almost taste it. He never imagined how pleasant it would feel to destroy his brother's last shred of hope. 

Then the overlord spoke, his disgusting smile still present. "What a glorious heartfelt show. Better than the famous Operas on the planet Soforan, which was recently destroyed, might I add. Ah, but nevermind my extensive collection of achievements. Let's talk about you two." 

Hordak felt himself become insecure again. His brother, even now, looked so perfect. Calm and collected, amused even. So composed and powerful, when Hordak couldn't even conquer one measly planet, and then he showed off an emotional display equal to that of a teenager. He felt ridiculous, and entirely and utterly afraid. He should have known his brother was up to something, and right after he brought Entrapta here, too. He should have seen it earlier, he was so incompetent, he was such a... a...

His eyes moved down to Entrapta. Sweet, intelligent, un-perfectly perfect Entrapta. She cared about him. She loved him. And she didn't care that he wasn't perfect. 

She loved him. 

And that was really all that mattered, actually. 

Hordak had apparently shown that he felt a bit stronger because Hord Prime responded with an even wider- which was somehow possible- smile. He clasped his hands together and squinted his smaller eyes at Hordak while his main two looked to the princess of Dryll. He felt happy still about all of this and didn't even seem to mind his brother's newfound mental and emotional strength. "Princess Entrapta, I had no idea of your infatuation with my brother!" Hord Prime removed his hands from one another and spread his arms in a grand gesture. "I really did think that my brother's feelings would not be returned... but you are full of surprises..." His voice became unreadable at the end of that sentence, along with his face. 

Entrapta removed herself completely from Hordak and stood- on her legs- in front of him. Almost like a passive-aggressive protective stance. Hord Prime chuckled. "Ah, do not worry brother. I did not come here to put you down with my words. Relax, and please, let me get rid of those pesky magnets, hmm?" Hord Prime walked backward to the control panel, and with his eyes on Hordak, released his restraints and sent him falling. He only managed to land on his feet thanks to Entrapta's hair being there for him to grab onto. 

Hordak sent a smile to Entrapta as thanks before looking at Hord Prime again. He seemed unfazed by all this still. That made Hordak feel even more unnerved and slightly fearful.