Prologue

Voices filled a voidless room, their soft echoes and chants bringing an unease to anyone who cared enough to listen. Their broken tunes swung in their endless patterns, twisting and molding into what seemed to be... music. Singing. That's what it had to be, right?

Shadow Weaver strained her ears, trying desperately to make out the words of this depressing tune. Such a hauntingly beautiful song, the words drawn out... sad, almost regretful in a way. There was meaning behind the lyrics, she could feel it; though, she couldn't quite figure out what that meaning was.

The hallway she crept her way throughout was dark, twisted within the shadows of the night. Shadow Weaver could feel the toothy texture of the wall beneath her fingertips as she moved ever so carefully towards the song. What brought her to do so? She was still unsure... Perhaps it was the haunting melody of it all, to figure out what person that could be going through so much trauma as to which they put so much emotion into their song. It almost hurt Shadow Weaver to listen to the tune.

Eventually, she made it to a room that opened up a good bit, giving enough space for the rune stone that towered its way above Shadow Weaver. The rune stone, the Black Garnet, was dimly illuminated, a soft glow gently emanating from its surface. Shadow Weaver could feel confusion twisting itself upon her face, for the Black Garnet had not been activated like this since the fall of the Scorpioni species.

Almost the moment she arrived within the chamber, the voice stopped singing, as if startled by Shadow Weaver's presence. Shadow Weaver narrowed her eyes,  trying to make out who was standing on the other side of the rune stone. However, their hooded figure against the glowing light left them dark and shaded, unrecognizable. A few seconds of silence fell between the two as Shadow Weaver accessed the situation. An intruder? Hardly, an intruder wouldn't be singing in such an echoey place... Then who was it?

Finally, they spoke. "I apologize for the breach... but I don't have much time. I must go now," the voice hummed lowly. It was a smooth, scratchy voice– most likely male, but Shadow Weaver wasn't for certain.
"Who are you?" Shadow Weaver finally found her voice, her pure white eyes narrowing slightly as she asked the question. The figure simply shook its head slowly, before turning and waving goodbye. A flash of light appeared, consuming Shadow Weaver's vision in a painful manner, before disappearing just as quickly as it had appeared. Leaving nothing behind but the suddenly darkened room.

That's when she heard it.

A soft, yet very audible cry. It slowly increased in volume as Shadow Weaver approached what seemed to be a bundle of blankets. When she reached it, she picked the bundle up gently and cradled it. Her eyes shifted as she moved the blanket just enough to see what was inside of it.

"A baby?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey! So this is my first attempt on a story on Wattpad... I've just been super hyped about the new season... so I'm writing a fanfiction!

Anyway, thank you so much for reading!