Chapter Five

Hordak

Hordak's hand trembled above the broken glass that laid scattered across the floor. His eyes stayed narrowed and his breath attempted to calm itself. Gritting his teeth, Hordak clenched his fist and slammed it into the wall.

"Damn it!" He hissed, feeling the pain shoot up his arm from the strike. Yet, he didn't let it bother him any more than this already annoying inconvenience had. Raising a hand to his face, he grunted and leaned against the wall, trying to keep himself from getting too angry. He had been so close.

A laugh shot him out of his thoughts as his eyes flickered upwards towards the figure who stood nearby his lab. The figure wore a hooded cloak so that only his mouth was able to be seen. A cocky smile crossed the lips of the man. "Throwing a fit won't help anything, Hordy," he purred, causing another spurr of anger to rise within of Hordak's chest.

Hordak straightened up, his eyes narrowing as he glared at the figure. "What are you doing here?" he inquired, squinting his dark red eyes in a bit of curiosity. The person in the cloak let out an amused chuckle and shifted their weight so that their blue eyes were just seeable from Hordak's view.

"Just checking in on things, y'know... Captain's orders, amiright?" he purred as Hordak noticed a flash of amusement flashing through his eyes. Hordak's eyes narrowed as he tightened his fist and grunted, making his way over to the broken glass as he began to tentatively pick the pieces back up. The man in the cloak's eyes flashed momentarily. "So you're still working on that?" he questioned as Hordak's gaze darkened. Hordak went silent for a moment as he began to wipe up the contents of the glass; he sighed and turned to the figure as he stood upwards once more. He threw the rag absently over his shoulder as he examined the figure. It wasn't like he was foreboding or overly sized, in fact, he was rather short and petite in terms of people. Yet, Hordak knew his place.

"Yes," Hordak replied tartly, his gaze hardening as he tsked and turned away from the figure. He wanted nothing more than to tell the man to scram, but he bit his tongue. He knew better than that.

The figure hummed absently and crossed his arms, leaning against a nearby table as a sly grin passed his lips. "Y'know... if you would just give her back to us we could help you," he slurred, tilting his head to the side as Hordak growled. There it was, the real reason he was bothering him.

Without another word, Hordak clenched tightly onto the shards of the glass; which dug into his skin and caused the skin to split and a black liquid to begin to dribble down his palm and onto the ground. The figure cocked his head to the other side. Hordak launched his arm forward and shot the pieces of glass in the figure's direction. The figure, blinking slightly, yelped and stepped out of the way. Instead of getting angry, the figure simply cackled and shrugged.

"Okay okay, always so pissy, Hordy," he chimed as he turned away and began to leave Hordak's room. He turned back momentarily to give a sly grin, showing off his sharpened canines. "Anyway, it was good to see you after so long, old friend,.. Though, Captain won't be too thrilled with this..." the figure continued, before blinking and glancing to the exit. "I believe you've got visitors as well... so I'll be off!"

With that, he left.

Hordak gritted his teeth and clenched the side of his desk, digging his fingers into the wood as his eyes were darkened.

"Damn him."

Adora