Chapter Seven

Catra

"Do you consider me to be your daughter?"

Silence.

"Catra..."

There was a long sigh. Catra's eyes were clamped shut, tears leaking out and dribbling down her cheeks. She knew it... The truth hurt worse than she had been expecting. She could never be a daughter to Shadow Weaver...

Of course...

A hand hovered behind Catra's head, trembling as Shadow Weaver gritted her teeth. Suddenly, the hand pulled Catra into Shadow Weaver's body. Catra's eyes shot open as Shadow Weaver held onto her small body tightly, the tears still falling as Catra's pupils slitted. Shadow Weaver said nothing for a few moments, before Catra could feel her body beginning to tremble as well.

"Catra... of course I do," she whispered, lowering her head to rest her chin on Catra's head. "Of course I do..." Shadow Weaver repeated, tightening her hug. Catra's small hands gripped onto the fabric of Shadow Weaver's clothes as she let out a sob, rocking her entire body. The two of them sat there for what only seemed like a few moments to Catra before she pulled away. Wiping her eyes, Catra stared up at Shadow Weaver, whose green eyes were gleaming with pride and adoration.

"...what happened to my family?" Catra had asked suddenly, catching Shadow Weaver rather off guard. She scratched her neck as she tried to come up with an answer.

"The Magicats?... They were a mighty people... many feared of getting on their bad side and tried to steer clear of them..." Shadow Weaver trailed off absently, her mouth twitching downward as she sighed. "They were respectable warriors and were almost impossible to go up against... however... over time," Shadow Weaver seemed to be struggling a bit. Finally, she simply gave up and lowered her gaze, "over time, they just disappeared altogether... no one is really sure what happened besides the fact that they were gone."

"Extinct?"

"...not exactly."

Catra's jaw parted quietly as she stared at Xeva. He shifted absently, his tail flicking as he bit his lower lip. "Siblings?" Catra asked hoarsely, trying to digest everything that had just been thrown at her. Not only was he a Magicat... he was her sibling? Catra had no idea how to feel about this... Was she just supposed to believe him? Reject him? What would he gain by lying about it?

Taking a deep breath, Catra surprised herself by throwing herself against his body and smothering him in a tight hug. He flinched in response to her touch, squirming absently as he squeaked in surprise. "W-wait! I'm not allowed to be this close to--"

"Shut the hell up, this won't happen often, got it?" Catra snapped in reply, cutting Xeva off and causing him to bleep a bit. There was a slight hesitation before he returned the hug. After a moment, Catra let go and shoved him away from her rather aggressively. "Come on, I gotta show Adora this... this is sick," Catra snickered and smiled crookedly as Xeva sweat dropped.

"Wait!" Xeva protested as Catra completely ignored him and dragged him back to the Fright Zone despite his complaints.

He had no choice in the matter.

Adora

Adora knelt down next to Shadow Weaver's limp body and easily heaved it over her shoulders. "Suppose I should get you to a doctor," Adora muttered. Despite being worried about Catra, she knew that she was a lot more capable than she was giving her credit for. Still... Adora bit her lip and shook her head, beginning to bring Shadow Weaver to the nearest medical office she knew of.