Redemption

Requested by NoEntiendo29

This one was really fun to write!
_

________________________________________

Word count: 2500

Thunder sounded loudly in the air, causing the world to rumble the slightest bit for just a brief moment. The rain was pouring heavily onto the ground, dampening the soil until it turned into mud. Almost all of the jungle's inhabitants had retreated back to their respective bases, seeking shelter from the unpleasant weather.

Almost.

A figure that hadn't been seen in a long, long time stood tall under the jungle canopy, allowing himself to be buffeted by the harsh rain. Unlike the other hermits, this person didn't like to take care of himself, possibly because no one really cared about him.

EX had figured just as much. He had done some horrible things on the server, and now no one wanted him around.

His only company was Xisuma, who was still as sickeningly sweet as he remembered the man to be. He was so fond of pretty much everything, even mistakes like EX. When EX first realised that he had crossed a line, he felt a sharp pang of guilt, and that was what he lived with for as long as he was stuck in the void, with only the deafening silence to keep him company and nothing there to comfort him.

When EX had emerged in this brand new world, the bright sun and humid atmosphere of the jungle contrasted so much with the darkness he had grown accustomed to. He hid behind his visor, needing to squint to see in the sunlight.

Greeting him was Xisuma's sweet smile and friendly ambience, and for the first time, he had realised just how much he had taken his brother for granted.

At first, it was extremely difficult to get along. Xisuma showed him around the base, and all EX could do was whine about the minor details and little imperfections. Every time he did, he wished could punch himself in the face, because he didn't really mean a single word of what he said.

However, his months of frustration desperately needed an outlet, and that outlet just so happened to be the one person who deserved it the least.

When the verbal abuse finally got to the point where his strong and level headed brother began to lash out and cry, he felt a second pang of guilt. This one was far worse than the one he had grown accustomed to, and it felt heavy in his chest.

He had crossed yet another line, and would have gladly accepted a second sentence in the void for what he had just done.

However, he needed to start by repairing the damage. Not for his own sake, but for his brother's.

EX closed his eyes as he winced at the memory. He had hugged his brother close, apologising as much as he possibly could. It was the least that he could do before his inevitable banishment from the server.

He carefully unlatched his brother's helmet so that the man could get some fresh air. While it served the purpose of breathing quite well, it was completely suffocating when the person inside was crying. He knew this better than anyone else.

Once the man was free, his fa e was quite easy to see. The expression with which Xisuma had looked at EX that day was an expression he never wanted to see on his brother's face ever again.

They hadn't spoken properly since, with EX moving out before he could lose control of his words for a second time. He could have dug a hole to hide in there for the rest of the Season. In fact, that was exactly what he wanted to do, but he couldn't.