Chapter 25: Friend at First Blood

NOT EDITED

FINAN

I pat my horses mane as we trot through the woods of our kingdom, a few miles just before we cross over onto wolf territory. The alpha king would be meeting us at his borders to assess our strength and make sure we came in peace, and we would be. We had no plans of starting a war against another powerful kingdom.

The trees that made up the woods begin to clear and we make our way to the middle of the clearing where the fae territory met the wolf territory. I held my hand up for my guard to remain behind me, hoping the alpha king would take this gesture as a sign that he could trust me. The sound of heavy paws hitting snow echoed through the forest, causing my guards to still and ready themselves for an attack. I, however, grinned.

Six large wolves appeared from within the forest, the largest ones being white, black and gray. The Alpha King, Queen and Princess. I masked my wince as the sound of bones cracking and reforming filled the clearing that suddenly became too small for all twelve of us.

"Alpha King Sebastian," I sent him a wicked grin as I dismounted my horse.

He stood naked before us as did the rest of the people there, showing no shame or embarrassment, but instead pride.

"Prince Finan," he grumbled.

I nodded my head as he acknowledged me and looked over to the naked Queen, her eyes silver flames as they analyzed me.

"Alpha Queen Daria," I bowed slightly and she barked a laugh.

"No need for formalities, you're thousands of years older than I am, Prince Finan," her breasts jiggled as she laughed and I couldn't help but look for a split second.

A deep growl resonated through the forest and I looked over to the Princess with a raised eyebrow.

"I assume you are Princess Adira," the corner of my mouth lifts into a smirk, "A pleasure."

"I'm afraid it's only yours," she hisses.

The king's voice draws my attention from her to him and I refrain from smiling.

"Adira," the king says in an even tone, but any sane person could hear the power behind it.

The power of an Alpha.

I look back to Adira and see her pupils dilate, the muscles in her jaw ticking as she fights against the command. It impresses me to see her fight so strongly against it and I yield. I would want a powerful creature like her on my side if we were going to win this war.

"My apologies, Princess," I bow my head, "It is not offensive to gaze upon the nakedness of others in my court and I misjudged that it would work similarly here as well."

The queen releases another laugh, "I or my husband could not care less if people see me naked, I am the queen after all and must lead royal pack runs every full moon. My dear Adira, however, does not share the same sentiment. Especially in regards to strangers."

I give the queen an understanding smile, "I understand, no worries." I look back over to Adira, "I do hope we won't be strangers any longer, though."

She narrows her eyes at me and pulls her clothes out of the hands of the man who holds them, never breaking eye contact with me as she dresses herself in pants and a white blouse with a leather vest. The king, queen and their men begin to dress as well and we wait until they're finished to continue speaking.

"What is it that you needed to meet so urgently about, Finan?" The Queen asks as she tightens her furs around herself.

"You would think a wolf wouldn't get cold considering how high your body temperatures run," I laugh.