[13] Solace

A week or so has passed since you started fighting at Heavens Arena. 

Sitting on the couch at Wing's house, one could tell you were not happy. You let your face rest on your hand for support, as a sullenly irritated pout made its way to your face. Frowning blankly at the wall, you weren't able to notice that someone had plopped down on the couch next to you.

"Onee-chan?" Alluka calls you curiously, poking your cheek.

You jump in your seat, snapping out of your daze. You slowly turned your head to Alluka, letting your frown disappear from your face. "Hey Alluka, what's up?"

"Onee-chan, why are you mad?" she asks, her big, sky blue eyes were filled with worry. You only sigh despondently. "I just couldn't get past the 90s..." you mumble.

"In Heavens Arena?" She tilts her head curiously. You nod sadly.

Alluka only giggles at this, hugging you reassuringly. "It's okay Onee-chan, I'm sure you'll get through it!" She cheers you up. You smile at her efforts, leaning onto her. "Thanks, Alluka."

You look around the room, looking for a familiar set of vividly pale blue eyes, "Where's Killua?"

"He went out. I don't know where..." she trails off sadly, looking down at her feet. You chuckle at her. 

"Aww, do you miss him?" 

She nods, while you smile warmly at her. "I'm sure he'll be back in no time!" You say reassuringly, patting her on the head.

"So, Alluka, how's your training?" you ask, finishing your head pats. She jumps excitedly at your question. "I opened all of my aura nodes! Look!!" As she said that, you see her aura slowly begin to appear and shroud her. 

Gasping in awe, you began to clap softly. "That's a nice Ten. You're already making so much progress in just over a week, good job!" 

She laughs sheepishly. "Well, I still haven't mastered it yet, so I still need more training!" she declares with a cheerily determined tone.

_ _ _

After a few more moments of talking, Wing called you in for training.  

Ever since you've mastered your Ten, he showed you Zetsu, which you mastered on your first try due to your experiences tailing and hunting down prey in the forest. So for the past few days, including today, he showed you how to project your aura outwards, otherwise known as Ren.

Standing in a defensive stance with your eyes closed, you focused everything on your aura all the while heeding to Wing's teachings.

"Visualize the energy building in your body," you hear him say. "Power gathers in each cell and grows... Then you force that power out!"

As soon as he said the word 'out', you shot your eyes open, letting the buildup of aura from inside you burst forth like water from a broken dam. 

Wing felt enormous, yet bearable pressure from you. 'She's a quick learner. She'll catch up to Killua in no time,' he notes to himself, watching your Ren.

After maintaining Ren for a few seconds, you quickly shrouded your aura with Ten, though you struggled to get the hang of it for a bit. As soon as that was done, you let out a huge sigh of relief. 

"Well done, (Y/N)-chan. Just practice more and you'll get used to shrouding your Ren with Ten in no time," Wing smiles his usual kind smile. You nod at him in understanding, a determined look on your face.

After Wing dismissed you, you decided to head out to hopefully take your mind off of your frustrations from the Arena.

_ _ _