[8] Teacher

"We're quite lucky. This forest is near Heavens Arena," Killua states, looking at his phone, "Well, it's as near as it can be, it's in a city after all."

You and Alluka tilt heads in confusion. "Heavens Arena, what's that?" You ask, looking over at his phone. You see a map of the forest on the screen. To the east of it was a city.

"A great place for you to train. I know someone who can teach you guys too. This is perfect," he smiles confidently. "Alluka, tell Nanika she did an amazing job bringing us here."

Alluka laughed joyfully, "Sure thing, Onii-chan!"

'A place to train, huh?' You wonder, placing a finger on your chin.

"Alright. Rest here for a bit. We'll be leaving for Heavens Arena soon," he says, shutting off his phone and putting it in the pocket of his shorts.

After resting for a while in the forest, the three of you gathered your things and started on your journey to the city.

While walking, you feel your brows crease with worry. "Killua?" You ask hesitantly.

"Hm?" He replies, looking at you through the corner of his eye.

"How long do you think it'll take before Illumi finds us again?" 

Killua frowns at this. "Considering that we left no trace, it should take a while," you hear him say darkly. "I can never forgive him for what he did to the two of you. The next time I see him, I will crush him," he said, voice dripping with bloodlust. 

_ _ _

As you near the city, a silhouette of what seemed to be a very tall building caught your eye. Alluka seemed to notice it too, as an adorable "Woah!" escaped her lips.

"Killua, is that--"

"Heavens Arena," he says, finishing your sentence. You look back at the building in shock. "It's so tall!"

He chuckles. "You're too easy to impress. This isn't even the tallest building."

You whip your head to him, "WHAT?! THERE ARE TALLER ONES?!" You exclaim.

He sighs exasperatedly, letting his head drop, "Yeah, yeah, there are. Stop acting so impressed already. It's embarrassing."

You pout. "But you don't say anything when Alluka does something like that," 

He smirks, making eye contact with you through the corner of his eye. "Of course, she's my sister," he says, resting his hand on Alluka's shoulder.

Your eye twitches, as a vein pops in your head, "No fair!"

He only laughs at you, crossing his arms over his stomach as he did so. This only served to piss you off more.

Before you knew it, you two were arguing over useless things again. Alluka peered over at the two of you curiously, noticing how animated the both of you were. A thought crossed her mind as she did this.

'Hmm... Is there something going on with them?'

_ _ _

Now that you've entered the city, you were able to see Heavens Arena more clearly. You looked at the building in awe, wondering how such a building could stand, as the three of you steadily make your way to Heavens Arena. 

Suddenly, Killua led you two to a side road, away from the Arena.

"Huh, I thought we were going to Heavens Arena?" You say in a confused tone.

"Not yet. There's someone I need you two to meet first," he says, leading you to a small neighborhood. A small "oh," escapes your lips in understanding.

Eventually, the three of you stop in front of one of the houses in the neighborhood. Killua casually knocks on the door. "Wing-san? Are you there?"

A few seconds pass, with no answer from this 'Wing' person.

"Maybe he's not home?" you suggest.

"Impossible. I can sense his presence inside," Killua says, getting visibly annoyed. He knocks again once more. No response.

"OI, FOUR-EYES! OPEN THE DOOR ALREADY!!" You hear Killua shout irritatedly, as you see a vein pop in his head. 

'Woah, he must be really close with this guy,' you sweatdrop. 

Eventually, you can hear shuffling coming from inside. You look at the door expectantly.

"Finally... geez," Killua huffed in annoyance. You quietly giggle to yourself at his actions. 

Finally, you hear the door being unlocked. Slowly, the door opened to reveal a man with black, messy hair, glasses, and a partially untucked shirt. He looked like he just woke up, as he listlessly looked at you and Alluka. As soon as he saw Killua, though, his eyes immediately brightened.

"Killua? What a pleasant surprise! Sorry, it took me so long to answer, I fell asleep" He smiles kindly and apologetically.

"Yeah, yeah. Sorry we came in unannounced. We were already nearby," he replies, raising a hand in acknowledgment.

"I see, no problem. Come in, come in," he says, opening the door wider and gesturing the three of you inside. You guys settle in the living room.

"So, who are these young ladies with you?" He asks, looking at you and Alluka.

"Oh, this is Alluka, my little sister," he let his hand rest on top of Alluka's head, as she gives him a bright smile. "And this is (Y/N), my friend." You smile at him cordially, waving your hand a little as you did so and greeting him with a "Nice to meet you." 

"Ah, a friend I see..." he says, smirking ever so slightly at Killua with a knowing look. The silver-haired boy visibly blushed at this. "Stop giving me that look! She really is just a friend."

He only chuckled at this. "Don't worry, I was only joking." 

You tilt your head in confusion. 'What was that all about?'

 Killua seemed to have calmed down. "Where's Zushi?" He asked.

"Oh, Zushi is living in Heavens Arena now. He just made it to the 200th floor, so he only comes here for training." He smiles in excitement. "But enough about that, what brings you guys here?"

Killua clears his throat. "I need you to train these two in Nen, Wing-san." 

As he said this, Wing's expression gradually turned serious. "I see. I thought this was going to happen," he said, interlacing his fingers together and resting his chin on it. 

"So, can you do it?"