Fishy, Fishy

I don't know if you guys noticed or not but the last chapter had showcased a very important aspect of Evan and Daniels relation. A deep understanding they both share and something else too. Hope you guys figured it out.

"So a date, huh?"

"Yeah, it's the least we both could do to damage control." Evan rapidly typed while speaking into the small mic in his earphone.

"No, no I get it. It's good; it's good for you two. Just uhh... take care of yourself. You have been a bit stressed lately." Steven's voice came out soft and reluctant catching Evan's attention. He stopped typing as it is rare for Steven to show hesitation in his voice and this time it seemed like one.

"Are you alright, Steve? Something's wrong?" Evan asked frowning. He doesn't even remember the last time he heard sadness or trouble in his voice. Even at the time when he was pursuing Aahan he never was sad sure disappointed about Aahan rejecting his advances but never tired and sad.

"Yeah... yeah, I am fine just some trouble uh... at work." Steven was never a good liar and his ooh(s) and Ahh(s) were always a clear given. Evan knows that Steven is not someone to hide his problems and shares his troubles at the first chance he gets but there have been few incidents, few moments when Steven has kept things to himself.

And they are never small it is always something that makes you beat the guy down to a pulp for not telling it sooner. Last time he kept something to himself it was in college and they both were about to be expelled.

"You are a pathetic liar Steve, I have always told you that now are you going to spill it or should I come there and punch it out of your gut?" Steven chuckled from the other side

"No need to do that and it's not like your weak sissy punches are gonna do much damage instead you may end up hurting yourself hitting those rock hard abs."

Evan snorted "We'll see about that and what abs dude you are one candy away from a potbelly."

Steven did a mock laugh at the other end "That is funny; it really is I have to give you that but see the pic I'll send you later and then punch yourself for me."

"Appreciate the sarcasm but don't try to be what you are not smartypants, spill it what is it that is eating away your stupidity?" Evan closed the laptop setting it to the sleeping mode. He stretched his legs feeling them go numb from sitting so long.

"I told you there is nothing to worry about just work that's all and no I am not lying." Evan wanted to press more and he knows if he insist harder Steven would tell him everything but he also knows it wouldn't be the right thing. If Steven is really hiding something then maybe it is not his position to know. They are best friends for sure yet there are some things that are better kept to oneself.

He took his time before replying with a hum. "Alright, I wouldn't force you but know this that I am always here to listen to anything you have to say. If you ever feel like talking to someone and if it can't be Aahan then remember me." Evan glided his fingers above his laptop feeling the rough pattern below his fingertips. There are moments in life when people feel lonely despite surrounded by friends and family because they don't have someone to talk to. A person has many thoughts running through their mind and many times there are things or incidents in life that can't be shared with just anybody. You need someone special in those times, it is not necessary that everyone will relate to what you are feeling but there is always someone who has felt what you are feeling. And knowing that someone is there for you ready to hear out your problems and thoughts make that feeling of loneliness go away. It gives you the moral and mental support that you are not the only one and in some instances also makes that problem seem smaller.