New Chapter

Chloe arrived almost an hour later and thankfully brought her security along with her. Though after things were explained in detail she seemed annoyed that all this is because of Evan however she was equally happy to spend some quality time with her best friend and without Evan and her getting into a stare-out match.

It turned out that she needed to make another trip back to her place to get everything she needs for a comfortable stay. Her security followed everywhere she went and even though Daniel is used to them from over the years he knows her family, he is also aware that they are not actually here because Chloe is a high profile millionaire but because she is a high profile underworld lord.

Chloe got this business from her father and runs it with her cousin Afaan. Her stepsister came into the picture several years later when her father revealed his affair. Unfortunately, her stepsister Maria harboured a deep grudge against Chloe and ended up joining a rival group.

The restaurants and bars were later opened by Chloe herself to lavish in her interests. She is the face of the business above the ground while her cousin Afaan is the face that manages below the ground.

Daniel had met Afaan once and he does not wish to do that again. His personality easily gives in why he stays underground and deals with more dangerous parts. Not to get wrong that Afaan is rude or rough but it is his intimidating character that makes many men question their own manliness.

Aside from that, he is a sweetheart to the close ones. He is the one responsible for spoiling Chloe in the first place and there has never been a single time when he had said no to her.

For some reason, he feels foolish to not think about him before. Maybe he could have helped to get rid of Roman.

Anyway, it is too late now and Daniel has strictly warned Chloe to not deal with any underground business while inside his house.

At the other end of the city in a lavish area where every house screams wealthy snobbish human population resides here Evan looked around impressed.

He got the idea that Connor was rich but he never thought about this. He turned to the blonde driving with a smile on his face.
"How far?" he asked feeling his legs giving in from sitting too long even though it was barely half an hour since they left his place.

"At the very end is our destination," Connor said taking a glance at him. They have already entered the security gates of the place and it took them some time as they had to get Evan registered in the database as he will be staying here for some time.

At some point, some guy arrived there and the guard's phone called the person that guy was visiting asking whether to allow him or not. Evan was definitely relieved after witnessing that.

After a minute or two, the car stopped and Evan looked out.
Getting out of the car Evan looked at the other houses which appear more like a mansion and then turned to the building in front of him.

Connor also got out and stood beside him.
"You like it?"
Evan turned to Connor with raised brows "You live in a condo?"

Connor frowned not liking the slightly disappointed tone in Evan's voice but he understood what Evan was saying.
All the other houses there were grand with some expensive and detailed architecture going with them where his house was just a normal building. For the first few floors, it was concrete and then glass covered the outer surface of the top last two floors.

"Yes, and now you do too," Connor said while moving to the back of the car and getting out the two trolley bags. He closed the doors and locked the car deciding to park it later. His condo is at the very end anyway so there will be no one getting bothered by a car standing in the middle of the road.