Mental

Around three a.m. in the early morning, Evan was pacing the living room frantically. The entire room was drenched in shades of black and occasional grey due to the light of the buildings nearby filtering in.
The rain had reduced to a light drizzle and the clouds weren't too angry anymore even the wind was tame now making the atmosphere nice for a romantic late-night walk or a drive around.

However, same can't be said about the insides of the Evans brain where a raging thunderstorm was breaking his senses into the freckles of nervousness and sometimes pure madness.

Roman called him. He called him. So, wherein the very back of Evans mind there was a doubt, a ray of hope that Roman wasn't here actually for him that he was just teasing him and taking pleasure in seeing him scared and running all that died with the damned phone call.

Every word of that call still ringing in his mind in a loop that he just can't seem to escape.

"Hey! sweet cheeks, remember me?"

"R... Roman?"

"Hey, glad you still remember me."

"How did you have my number?"

"You don't need to worry about that now, what you do need to worry about is me, isn't it?" chuckle

"What do you want Roman? It has been years now, why are you finding me?"

"That is a good question... Hmm. Let's say I still miss you sweet cheeks. Or I should say I still miss your taste.

Man, even today I couldn't find anyone tasting as sweet and salty as you. Especially that area. Mmhmm."

"You... you motherfucker pervert rapist... Go to hell and die. Do not call me again or follow me you bastard son of a bitch or I'll call the police," he yelled.

Evan hung up and threw his phone at the wall.

That was an hour ago and Evan felt suffocated in the room so he came out but now he could feel everything returning. Every nerve of his going hyperdrive and his neurons were splitting from the pain.

His legs started turning to jelly and breathing became a job suddenly and Evan knew he'd have to hurry before he will be lying unconscious on the ground and probably dead by the morning.

Taking a sprint to his room he stumbled entering the darkened place. Narrowing his eyes that were already blurred in the vision due to moisture covering them he touched everything careful not to fall down.
Thankfully reaching his bed he opened the drawer on the side table and pulled out a container with many bottles inside.

Opening every bottle one after another with shaky hands that seemed to deny every command from his fuzzy erratic mind he let them fall after taking a pill out of each of them counting to four different ones.

Popping the pills into his dry mouth as they stuck to his tongue absorbing the little moisture on it he reached out to the water bottle stationed above the drawer. Removing the cap he chugged down water clumsily as most of it fell out of his mouth into his clothes wetting his body in the process. But the part that made to the insides took the pills dissolving them down to his stomach though leaving a bitter aftertaste.

Keeping the bottle securely back to its place he fell down on his back on the bed that was part wet on the borders now.

Minutes later the drugs did their magic and soon the oxygen returned to his organs as the nerves loosened up and the stress hormones reduced in the blood. But what came after could be helped by no medicine.

A fresh batch of tears trickling down the side of his face and the snot choking his windpipe had him lose it. Evan doesn't know how much he cried or till when but somewhere along the pain and fear sleep made its place in his eyes.