thirteen.

╔═.✵.══════════╗

4:46 PM (Wednesday)

If there is anything Jaehyun hated about being in the student council it's being assigned to check the students who got detention. Because that meant going to the gymnasium where the basketball team usually stay until 6-7PM.

It's not like he hated the basketball team, Mark was bearable, even that tall goofball named Lucas made him smile. But Johnny he can never tolerate, not now, and never in the long haul.

But nobody will take over his job, so he finds himself walking towards the gymnasium with a heavy footsteps.

Upon arriving, he noticed the students who got detention are scattered to their assigned work, which was a good start. After checking the list he received from their SC secretary and matching them to the faces of the people who are actually doing what they're supposed to do he noticed one name on the list that is missing; Lee Taeyong.

"Hey, did you happen to know where Lee Taeyong is?" Jaehyun asked one student who's probably a freshman.

"I think he said he'll pee first or something?" The freshman scratched his head quite enthralled that someone like Jung Jaehyun talked to him.

Jaehyun just gave the student a polite smile before turning his back and set on searching for the MIA detainee.

Whilst walking towards the bathroom, he travelled the path where he needs to pass the Basketball Team's locker. Jaehyun already dreaded the idea of passing those sweaty and boisterous boys. So when he was about to pass the area, he was a little surprised when he saw Yuta standing outside their locker room, leaning against the wall like he's waiting for someone.

"Jae?" Yuta who looked equally surprised seeing his ex-boyfriend in a place that is not really his go to. Jaehyun never liked going in there for any detention assignments, and even when they were together there were only a few times the older can remember that Jaehyun entertained the idea of making out in the locker area.

"Nakamoto, Hi." Jaehyun replied wryly to the older.

"What are you doing in here?" Yuta asked still looking dumbfounded that Jaehyun is actually in front of him, just few feet away.

"Looking for someone."

"Who?"

"None of your concern, tbh. But sure, I'm looking for Lee Taeyong. Have you seen him?"

Yuta shook his head in reply. But his mind was working in full speed, trying to connect the dots before something messy happens. /Because fuck, if Jaehyun was looking for Taeyong and Johnny is not here, fuck, fuck, fuck, it could only mean one thing./ And Yuta suddenly felt his hands turning clammy to that scary idea.

"Huh. I have to go. Someone said he's in the bathroom, peeing. I think he's smoking again, on school grounds." And as Jaehyun was walking away, Yuta suddenly held his hand. /Jaehyun will not like it, Yuta thought. But if he doesn't buy Johnny time, all hell will run loose./

"Wait." Jaehyun initially felt shock by the contact, not because he felt something remotely giddy, but because of the audacity of Yuta to touch him without his consent.

"What the fuck, Yuta? I don't think you can touch me like that. You can only touch me if I say so. So get your hands off me before I do it myself." Yuta instinctively remove his hands from the younger. It was unnerving to see Jaehyun angry. There were few rare moments in their relationship when the younger really got angry and all of those still sends the older the chills.