Chapter 34; New Year in LA.

"Never ever enter the new year knowing your family is upset with you." By Kendra Wilson.

"I've been thinking love," Ethan spoke as I laid on his chest after numerous hours of love making, "your parents are still quite upset with you and it'll soon be the new year."

I sighed and sat up to lean on the headboard.

"I know that already."

He used his hand to comb through my hair.

"I think you should spend the New year with them." He suggested.

"I don't know, I think- wait, you said 'you' meaning just me?" I raised a brow.

He shrugged, "I wouldn't want to intrude on your family. You owe it to them to be a daughter first."

"But you aren't intruding," I straddled him and begun placing soft kisses on his neck.

"Even so, I have work at the office. I've been gone for some time and I need to make up for it."

I stilled. "Of course, work." I got off him completely. " I'm gonna go take a shower." I told him.

I quickly picked up my robe from the floor and got into the bathroom as fast as my legs could manage shutting the door after me.

I stood at the sink and took deep breaths in and sent them out moments later.

Once I was calm, I turned on the shower setting it at mildly hot.

As I took a warm and relaxing bath, I couldn't stop thinking about the lie he told me earlier.

It makes me wonder just how many times he's lied to me.

I sighed and grabbed a towel.

I walked into my bedroom and was met with a plane ticket and a duffel bag waiting for me.

"I love you." Was all he said.

And that, is how I found myself at LA airport on new year's eve morning.

It couldn't get any better than this.

I hadn't spoken to Ethan in eighteen hours and I just spent an entire flight revisiting my patient reports after I'd gotten a call from the hospital.

I had a meeting scheduled with the director on the fifth of January and I wanted to be prepared in case he uplifted my indefinite leave.

Though I was still pretty much unstable, I hoped for a second chance.

I grabbed my little duffel bag from the luggage area and made my way out.

I took my phone out and was about to call a cab, but I looked towards the doors and was instantly shocked.

There at the doors, stood my mom and dad holding a sign with my name on it.

My mom was first to notice me.

Immediately she did, a few tears slipped before she ran to me, engulfing me in a warm hug.

My mom and I stood almost at the same height so, it was quite easy to return the hug.

Seconds later, my dad joined us.

It was just me, my mom and dad at that moment.

The people who took me in and loved me as their own.

"I am so sorry," I told them amidst the tears.

My dad used his fingers to wipe away my tears and placed a chaste kiss on my forehead.