Chapter 1

Taliah's POV

"Tay can you tie do my hair mums busy yelling at Luke again" "common" I say as I sigh and get up from my piano stool. I follow Harper into her room hearing the muffled yelling of my bickering brother badmouthing our sweet mum. "How do you want your hair Har." "A princess crown braid" of course she wants a princess crown braid. As I finish her hair she runs to mums room very chipper to show off her look before school. "Look mummy Tay did my hair" "YOU SHUT UP AND ALL!" My angry brother just made Har cry the asshole I walk in Shilo follows and stands in front of Harper growling viciously at Luke. Shilo is like the brother I always wanted he protects Harper and me from Luke he has never bitten him, but Luke doesn't want to test that theory as he glares and then huffs at Shilo and leaves. Mum was shaken up so Harper and I go for our hug as mum sobs in our arms. I stroke Shilo "good boy you protect us" he jumps on the bed and licks mums face to console her she calms down and strokes him. "Thank you my dears I love your hair sweety, your sister did a fine job." Har smiled widely at mum. "Hey mum do you want me to take Harper to school on my way to Uni." "Thanks hunny that would be great."
I grabbed my bag I always kept a first aid box in it to be safe you never know when you need it I got Harper ready for school, grabbed my keys to my precious convertible Volkswagen beetle I named Belle ( yes I named my car so what.)  After I fed Shilo " stay protect mum until Luke leaves." He yipped and sat at the door when I left. I knew mum was safe as long as Shilo watched her. I didn't train him to guard he does it when he doesn't like someone like Luke.
I hold my sisters hand as we leave the car and I walk her to the gate were she greets her friends and I leave for Uni.

I loved today, it was practical I love Whitney Houston and Evanescence I was playing the piano to one of Evanescence songs My Immortal. Jace always tries to hit on me "beautiful playing Tay maybe one day you can play on me."  Eeeeewww does he hear himself gag And he calls that a pick up line why do I attract the dumb ones although thankfully I never dated any of the Neanderthals before I certainly wasn't doing it now. To be honest I never dated anyone it's not that I didn't want to but I'm shy when it comes to guys unless like Jace they piss me off then be prepared to eat shit. "Don't ever talk to me again Jace I've had it with your creepy and snide comments, crappy pickup lines all I want to do is work in peace and If you can't understand that then maybe this will help you remember. I punched him hard on his stomach he went down clutching his bruising stomach. I sat down before the teacher came back and everyone was oohing him. "Settle down class Jace West get your ass off the floor I don't need it polished." Mr. Graham for a teacher was a great sport but he didn't particularly get why Jace picked this class, I do to annoy the hell out of me.
After lectures I rang mum to see if I should collect Harper she already picked her up so I  went to visit my horse Grace she was a gypsy vanner beautiful marking she was a buckskin colour I gave her half of my apple, and gave the other half to Merry-legs Harper's pony a Connemara.

After I mucked out the horses, they're in Livery because we don't live on a farm (ranch) so I brush Grace and put on her driving harness my grandfather taught me how to drive and broke Grace In himself he died two years ago both Harper and I miss him terribly. Once I pulled the cart and secured it to Grace, by the way I trained her to stand without tethering her to a fence once I grabbed the reins and climbed to my seat I asked her to walk. I wore a high-vies jacket and took her onto the quiet road. After a good 40 minutes at trot and walk we arrived back at the Livery yard wear I untacked her, brushed her long mane and tail, I put her horse rug on and put her out with Merry-legs.

Once home I finished my assignment, and took Shilo for a two hour walk. Then we were home for dinner. I sat next to Harper dad at the top of the table with Luke on the other side, mum sat at the end . Harper and I were keen to tell our parents of our day and Luke just ate. Once we finished our meal Luke stormed to his room, Harper and I cleaned up and then I showed Harper Shilo's training when I went to feed him. I went up to my room with Shilo following, he sleeps in my room, but goes once in the night to check on Harper and mum and dad. Such a good watch dog I have. I shower and hear Shilo scrapping the door as I dry and change for bed I let him out for his last toilet break. He comes back lies in his bed whilst I play the piano a bit. My parents soundproofed my room so I wouldn't annoy my sleeping family.
After I played I brushed my teeth put my hair in a pony tail, said night to Shilo and was out like a light.