Chapter 23

Taliah's POV

I woke up hearing the comforting sound of my mates heartbeat and surrounded by strong arms as I looked at his face he had bags under his eyes and was not his usual god like man, I put him through so much stress he looks like he needs sleep so I'll take a nap to help give him longer in bed. "This is the life I love this right here." I laughed to myself as Nearra was like a love struck puppy. I actually fell asleep again when I woke up I saw Kyle staring at me his elbow on the bed and his hand holding up his head as he looked like he couldn't believe I was actually here.
I leaned up and kissed his soft lips "umm I missed you so much baby I couldn't sleep or eat without you, I think I drank a lot just to get through the day, what did he do to you." He looked like he was gonna cry. "Hey baby don't do that to yourself I'm fine now my wolf... feels strange to say that but my wolf healed my wounds my ribs and back are fine so please stop worrying." He looked pissed now, great what did I say. "Your ribs I new he hurt your back but what exactly did he do I want to know what he did to my beautiful mate."
I began to tell him what happened, "So on my first day there Carrie and I were taken to the torture arena we were hung up by ropes so our feet dangled in the air." He was changing into Oscar. "Babe do you really want me to continue cause I'll only do it if I can get it all out without Oscar coming out." He schooled his expression. "Sorry hunny it's just hard to hear, I do wanna hear it all."
"So once we were tied up I knew this was the whipping station We were both gaged so we couldn't scream but Carrie watched me as they whipped me she was crying and screaming I was trying to comfort her it helped take my mind off the burning and striking pain feeling, she calmed down as I panted out the pain I kept telling myself I won't scream I won't cry I'm not giving him any enjoyment for my pain. Then he started on Carrie I started to cry watching my best friend get beat up again. She copied exactly what I did she closed her eyes and then she focussed on her breathing looking at me the entire time.
After that we were cut down are ropes were removed and we were thrown into a pool our backs were on fire as we hit the water we could see how badly they must have looked, little runs of blood dripped around us. Then a grill was lowered so we couldn't get out we have to swim till our legs tire then drown for a few minutes then once he was satisfied we drowned enough he threw us on the ground spluttering our lungs out then he laid us on a table strapped us down, then put a cloth over our mouths and noses and poured water down our throats until we choked, he'd stop once we took in a large breath he continued until he was bored then lastly we were unstrapped and told to kneel on the floor were the guard and him began to kick our stomachs after about the 4th kick I could hear something snap so I screamed I think I busted a rib he only stopped when he heard our bones break then he made the guards take us back to Carries cell and we fell asleep on our sides."
I finished and he just stared in anger. I started to cry into his shoulder I was relieved to get it out he sat me up with him and held me close stroking my sides. "You know the worse part, he was the guy that kidnapped me before, but until a couple of days ago I didn't know that he was my Uncle." Kyle froze for a minute but then continued as I was a weeping mess. "Sshh baby he's not coming back you and your friend were strong enough to finish him, he's not your uncle family doesn't do that to each other he is and will never be an uncle to you." "Well there's something else when I heard my wolf for the first time." I pulled away so I could look at him I hope he's not upset I'm kind of excited to be a mum. "Well Nearra said... I'm pregnant, I think she can pick up a pregnancy before you really know yourself, all I remember is being really dizzy the past three days but nothing else." "Your serious WWWOOOHHHOOO yes" He was jumping up and down then he sat down and I was pulled over till I straddled him. "I'm so happy thank you for being my mate." Then I heard screaming so I ran, oddly I ran into Carries room she shared with James. "Girl what happened"she ran straight into my arms. "He BIT ME I was changing in the bathroom and he bit me." She cried in my shoulder. "Ok show me hun." She showed me her neck, holly crap he marked her without permission. "ARE YOU KIDDING ME JAMES my friend has been in hell most of her life she's finally free and found a mate and you MARK HER WITHOUT PERMISSION" I was livid with him Kyle came in he heard my last sentence. "Are you crazy, you are one of the best men when it comes to controlling Titan but you can't control him for your mate." "I'm so sorry Carrie I love you more than anything but your on your period and Titan didn't want you to see unmated males without his mark visible." "Y-you should have a-asked me first." She was crying in between her words. "Hey why don't you hang with me while Titan over there calms down I'll introduce you to Harper my little sister and Kiara Kyle's little sister she's four years old totally adorable." She nods sniffing and wiping away her tears I help her change as she just froze in the bathroom, and as we walk out I glare at James and mind-link him. "You will have a lot of grovelling to do for Carrie mister" and we walked out to meet the girls who were playing tea party. "SISSY YOUR BACK, YOUR BACK I missed you." She bolted into my arms and I picked her up. "Were did you go" Kiara asked I picked her up in my other arm Carrie smiled at them. "I'm sorry hunnies I was taken away by a bad beast" they gasped so cute "I was reunited with a dear friend Carrie here." They looked at Carrie "but you don't have friends sissy" thanks a lot Harper drive the knife in why don't you. "Carrie was my first real friend I'll tell you a story, years ago when I was just a year younger than you Harper that same beast that took me away. I was frightened and crying until I heard Carrie and she being only a year older than me we got along swimmingly given our situation, she became the one I turned to for support and I became the one she'd turn to for support." I was sitting with the girls beside me Carrie sat in front of us. "She can't replace you Har but she was like a sister to me. When daddy got me out I hoped she was out too with her parents. The beast never let her go, Carrie was stuck there for 13 years." "Oh she's the Carrie you said night night too." Harper heard me. " I'm sorry sissy I thought you lost your mind every night but now I know who you were talking too." She smiled warmly at Carrie and crawled over lifting her arms up for Carrie to hold her I couldn't help smiling Well Carries accepted that was easy, we played with them for a bit and when we met up with our mates Carrie stood as close to me as she could.

We all went to the studio to hang out it was too soon for me to get a scan so I sat at the piano as Carrie sat beside me. "Wait you know how to play the piano wow now I'm impressed hun." I laughed shaking my head and played My heart will go on by Celine Dion. As we went to get some lunch I nudged her arm "please go talk to him hun he lost control, his wolf wanted to protect you I'm not forgiving what he did it can't be taken back, but he's not bad I assure you, you don't have to forget but promise me you'll try and forgive him. I know he regrets hurting you all I get through the mind-link is "I'm such a stupid asshole she shouldn't forgive me, I don't deserve a fantastic mate like Carrie blah blah, the same thing over and over again I had to shut off my link to get peace."
"Did he really say all those things Tay" I nodded "you betcha" and she left I watched from the doorway Kyle came up to me and started to say something. "Sshh, I'm sorry I really wanna hear what you've got to say just not right now." He pouted but smiled at me. I overheard thanks to being a werewolf. "Look Taliah told me what you keep saying in the mind-link I don't hate you, was I scared yes but remember I've never had a boyfriend let alone a Mate before, I've been hurt most of my life my only friend was Tay other than men hurting me that has been my only experience with them and all of a sudden I'm now a werewolf. I... I forgive you James but I'm not mating with you yet I know why Titan did it, it'll take me longer to forgive him but I will eventually. Can we watch a movie together, and Tay stop spying on me." Shit busted I came out looking as innocent as ever and joined them for a movie.