chapter five👑

<TALK BUDDIES>

     It has been two weeks now and am getting really used to having Jamil around me and I think I like him.. A lot. He made me realize a lot of things about me, regardless of the fact that he has no idea about my condition. Over the weeks, I started going to his house to practice with him, because of the big field at his backyard. His mum also seem a lot nice. I even got to know his elder brother, Jamal and his younger brother, Jamey. They call themselves the triple jays... Pretty funny right?? I could write a lot about that. Something like The Jay plus.

                        * * * * * *

    " I just wish I could be me.. So much. Nobody wants me. How can I prove them wrong.."
     "You don't always have to act like the world is against you. Have I ever told you.. Imperfection is beauty. And Ama, pretty girls don't cry."-

     I was busy listening to music with my headphones on, then I saw something hard hit my glass window and dropped deep down back out of sight. I stood up to go and check what it was. None other than Jamil. I wrinkled my brows at him sarcastically and he smiled mischievously.

"Cmon" he cocked his head, gesturing me to come down, but I hesitated.

"I'm busy homie", I replied in the accent he taught me.

     Honestly, I have not used that on my mum. I get really scared she might stop me from seeing Jamil and accuse him of corrupting me, so I just continue my usual robotic tone with her, but trust me most times, I blurtingly miss my line of words and she somehow get kind of wierded out but do not make it obvious.

"Am writing... So I can't come down." I said again.

"Seriously? We not training today. We are going for a walk, so get your ass down here!" He commanded bossily.

"What for?" I asked surprisingly.

"I don't know... Exactly", he shrugged making an unreadable expression this time. A conspicuous one.

     I suspected him immediately. "JP.... Am not allowed to date" I stated.

"Really?? Eww.. Am not courting you dumb ass!" He said in pure irritation. "Just get down first!- and please don't call me JP.. That's weird." He mocked.

     I grunted to myself in a kind of angry disappointed way." But hell! I'm in your team," I reminded him.

"Yea right.. But I definitely don't want it coming from you", he made a disgusted face like he was about to puke out his guts and I had enough.

"You- you know what?! Am coming down there and am going to smack your ass so bad that Mia wouldn't recognize you to say hey boo ever again!! Neither will any of your admirers!" I threatened him as i was fuming with anger. 

     Jamil just giggled.

"Am I really that bad?? I groaned to myself, rushing down my stairs and I entered the kitchen. I could hear his voice loud, as it echoed through my walls, "is that jealousy? 'Cuz I can smell it..."

    His laugh is so annoying.

     I immediately packed like five chocolate sneakers and a jam of peanut butter with six loaves of bread. That is not all. I am so in love with junks that I also took my mum's newly baked desert (cream caramel) and squeezed them all into my back pack and zoomed off.