chapter eleven👑

<CHANGE>

     You know those times when something goes wrong in your school, concerning you and you just decide to skip school for the day, but unfortunately you have the strictest parent ever! Hi.... Am the first on the list! I had not really plan on coming to school today but what happened?...

"Queen get your ass up from that bed right this minute! Do you know what the time says? Am gonna be late for work!!" Mum yelled from downstairs and I used my pillow to cover my face.

"Queen I know you heard me" she yanked my door open.

"Mum please now.. Just for today. I don't feel good!" I grumbled.

"If this is about Jamil, he's not paying your fees..." she entered into my bathroom with her words hanging in the air.

    What is she doing there? I peeped, then she came out and I quickly closed my eyes back.

"I am!!" And the next thing, I felt something cold spilled all over me and I sprang up.

"Mum!" I gasped. She just poured water all over my body.

"It's not cold enough?" She practically threatened to pour me again and I stood up from my bed grumbling and frowning my face. "Mum look now you've wet my bed."

"When you get back from school you sundry it!" She responded without remorse.

    ..... And that was how I ended up in school this morning. WAEC is coming up soon and am not even yet prepared for it.

"Hey.." Jamil sat down beside me.

"What do you want?" I asked rudely without looking at him.

"Can we talk?" He asked calmly.

"No.. We can't talk!" I replied motionlessly.

"But at least-" we both heard the bell and looked at each other.

"I have class," I stood up and went out, leaving him in depression.

                          * * * * * *

     I was busy watching a movie when my mum came downstairs. "Queen I just spoke to Mrs Brenda on the phone."

"I waited for her all day," I said, stuffing my prawn crackers into my mouth.

"Yea, about that, she said she was occupied but she promised to make it tomorrow."

"Okay then" I shrugged in approval, and she turned and went back upstairs.

                         * * * * * *

     Days passed and Mrs Brenda never showed up. Guess she is really tight for now because am not her only patient like I heard. Now that I need her more than ever-

     I turned in alarm as I heard a knock on the door. I went to get it and was kind of surprised to see Jamil standing at my door post.

"Hi.." He whispered calmly.

     I nodded, scratching the nape of my neck nervously. "What are you.... What are you doing... Here?" I stammered.

"I came to give you these," he opened his backpack and handed me my book of stories and I was taken aback.

"Where'd you get these? I've been searching for it everywhere" I gasped in surprise and amazement.

"You dropped it the last time we talked. So I took it." He smiled faintly.

"Thank you," I narrowed my eyes at him.

"One more thing," he reached for his bag again, "and these," he handed me a sheet of paper. "I just heard the music by... Bella Thorne and I thought you might love it... It vybes with your story. I mean I know because I read half of it and you're very good! So I thought I should let you know about the music." He said all in one breath.