chapter seventeen👑

<IN THE COMET OF US>

      A month later, I was standing in front of my mirror with a wild grin on my lightened up face. Finally in years, I braided my hair really long but scanty, looking good with my usual teen outfit (low waist jean and blue T-shirt) and space jams.

     I just could not stop breathing rapidly because I am very nervous. Today is the D-day.

"Breathe Queen, you can do this. You didn't come this far just to come this far!" I exhaled, puffing my cheeks out.

     I went downstairs and saw my mum. She gazed at me in surprise.

"Queen? Is that you?" She came closer to me with each gentle step.

"Who else mum?" I scoffed smilingly.

"My baby has grown so matured. You look stunning and beautiful. And your hair...... You're looking so different baby!" Mum complimented, cupping my cheeks in her palm.

"Thanks mum". I giggled girlishly.

"Are you ready? There's nothing left", she threw her hands in the air, looking around.

"Yes buh I need to see Jamil first, before leaving. That'll ease my tension". I said and she sighed, "fine. Be quick okay? We have less than an hour". She pointed to the watch on her wrist as a reminder.

"Okay mum". I walked passed her and exited the house.

                          * * * * * *

      I knocked on his door continuously and Jamil opened the door and paused on seeing me. "Way to go nerd.... Who is this?" He raised a brow, scanning me from head to toe with his mouth slightly opened.

"What Jamil?" I looked down at myself too, waiting for him to compliment me and tell me how pretty I was looking.

"Those kicks are lit!" He admired my shoes and I rolled my eyes with a smile. "And damn! You're stunning nerd". He winked Boyishly at me.

"Please stop. I had enough from my mum". I chuckled, and licked my lips. "I had to see you before going, it was necessary. I guess am just very nervous. Wish you're gonna be there with me-" I frowned disappointedly but i noticed he had this lust on his face and I poked him lightly in the stomach. "Jamil?"

"What? You were saying?" He blinked twice at me.

"You've been staring at me..... Awkwardly!" I furrowed my brows and folded my arms over my chest uncomfortably and he smiled at my reaction.

"What? Is it now such a heinous crime to look at you? This ain't the first time, so what gives?" He furrowed his brows, making a funny face with a smirk.

"Not inherently!" I simply stated, tilting my head.

"Not inherently...." He rephrased my words and nodded. "Seriously?" He looked down at my folded arms over my breast and my eyes went down with his.

"Stop Jamil. it's not funny, am not playing". I pouted, fuming.

"What?! You're acting like a baby right now" he shrugged, and leaned on the door frame. Probably ready to make me feel more uncomfortable than I already was. He always enjoy making me uncomfortable and frustrated.

"Your stare is making me squirm!" I admitted but he obdurately continued to stare down at me. "Fine!" I released my hands and put them at my sides and he laughed, shaking his head. "what?"

"For God sake, you're seventeen Queen and for the record, I was gazing at you... Maybe not the real you-"

"For once Jamil, stop joking" I rolled my eyes at him.