chapter eight.👑

<FRIENDS>

"Hey, what are you doing?" I asked Jamil who was sitted on the floor, close to his bed. He was shirtless and damn! His room is a mess. Clothes lying on the floor, books scattered too on the shelf, and a baseball taking his position on the bed. Wallpapers plastered everywhere on his wall. Tupac revolution and the rest of them. Such a comfy messy room.

He flinched when he saw me standing in the door. "What the hell are you doing here?" He sounded alarmed, mopping at me.

"Uhm, your mum lead me to..." I just could not find a word to replace room.

"To my room". He completed.

I shrugged approvingly.

He looked round his messy room in shame and back at me. He sighed "you shouldn't be here. Please go outside so I can change my clothes," he said to me, looking ashamed.

I scoffed. "Don't flatter yourself. Am not looking. And besides I just came to invite you to my house. Are you coming?"

He stood up. "Sure" he replied defiantly.

"My mum is around". I added, smiling skeptically.

"What?!" He exclaimed, "am sorry I can't make it."

"Actually, she's the reason am inviting you. She asked me to."

"Yea right! Tell her you din meet me at home" he said, picking up the clothes on the floor and tossing them on his bed.

"Cmon don't be so like...."

He paused and stared at me. "Remember the meanest woman I've ever seen up close?" He asked rhetorically.

"My mum isn't like that. She was paranoid that day, and I think she's also a bad ass at making first impressions too!" I said firmly in defense.

He raised a brow at me and shook his head in disagreement, turning back to his clothes on the bed. "I know what you're doing Queen. Did you even tell her we're not into each other? 'Cuz you're so not my type."

Okay, here we go again......

"Well neither are you my type. I don't need to tell her." I folded my arms.

"okay. What if she fries my face when I get there?" He asked me hoarsely, closely looking at my face and I looked away.

"You really have to stop badmouthing my mum you know. She's not like that" I said, still defending my mum.

"I said if nerd. If ..... I thought you knew English better."

"Well am better than some people who know nothing about their core subject," I retorted sharply.

He kept staring at me expressionlessly and sighed deeply in thought of it. "Fine. But first I was doing something before you came in."

"No problem, when you're done." I approved.

"But lemme tell you something, if your mum saw the chance, she'd run me over with her car." He sat down and placed his book on his bedside table, and picked up his pen.

I scoffed smilingly. "No ones knows that," I went closer to him. "What are you doing?" I asked, looking into his book.

"Am working on a song by Kendrick Lamar. My own refix." He responded.

"Who's Kendrick Lamar?" I asked.

He gawked up at me in shock, "you've never heard his name or his music? He's a black american rap artist. I've gat loyalty, gat royalty inside mah DNA....." He tuned in the process, "nothing?"