Smile Prequel Pt.2

5 months later

Jasmine laughed as I sat across from her in the diner.

Pouting I leaned back onto the booth. "It's not funny."

She wiped away an imaginary tear. "Come on Dino, take a joke."

I fucking love that nickname. Makes me feel like we have a little secret...I bet she doesn't have that with Ronny.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah whatever."

She sipped her milkshake and hummed. "What?"

I raised a brow. "What what?"

She squinted and I sighed.

"It's only been seven months you shouldn't know me this well."

"Awh, you've been counting?"

I rolled my eyes and looked down at the table.

She sighed. "Where's my smile, Dino?"

I glanced up at her.

Honestly, she's been making life a lot more bearable especially since my dad is getting worse but, the fucked up part is that I don't see her as a friend.

I'm fucking in love with this girl and it sucks more as the days go on because...who says I'll ever end up with her?

"Can I ask you something?"

"Shoot."

I bit my lip and met her eyes. "So, I never really understood the whole love thing and um-"

Woah stop right there, I can't fucking say that.

Okay, rewording...Done.

"Okay first, do you love Rain?"

She looked taken aback as she leaned back and chuckled. "I've never been asked that actually um..." She hummed and looked down. "Where's this coming from?"

"I just don't want to ask you if you've never been in love before."

She slowly looked up at me. "I've definitely been in love before."

"Isn't Rain your first boyfriend?"

She swallowed thickly and looked away. "Yeah but, you don't have to date someone to fall in love."

Tell me about it.

I slowly nodded. "Well okay then answer me this, how early is too early to fall in love-"

"Never," she met my eyes and shook her head. "You can fall in love the first few seconds of meeting someone."

"But how? If you don't know them then, isn't it just attraction?"

She shook her head. "Well, if you don't believe in anything then I guess."

"Elaborate."

"I mean, if you don't believe in soulmates then," she shrugged. "Of course you'd think it's just attraction."

"So you believe in soulmates?"

"Of course," she shrugged. "There's someone for everyone no matter how evil, depressed, beautiful, or ugly that person is."

We chuckled as she continued.

"Granted there's no such thing as being ugly or beautiful but, that's an opinion and a whole other rant."

I smiled softly. "Well, you can rant to me whenever so," I clicked my tongue. "Put a pin in it?"

She smiled and nodded. "Definitely."