Desperado (Rihanna)

A request from @ozonin

-

1975

I tapped my finger on the counter as the music in the club bounced off the walls making it impossible to hear anything but the music.

I could barely hear myself think...I hate this job.

I loosened my tie that was damn near choking me.

I hate this damn tie more than this job but since I'm required to wear this tie at work...I hate my job even more.

A few more days and I'm out of here for good.

See a little back story on me I-

"Zoning out on the job? Keith wouldn't like that."

Never mind my origin story can wait.

Everything waits for her.

I raised a brow pulling the rag from my pocket and wiping the counter in front of her.

"Would you tell? Isn't that against the whole...Mafia moral code?"

She hummed not even glancing at me. "James! Give me a bowl of olives!"

I glanced over my shoulder at James as he walked away to grab the olives and Gabe, my co-worker, came to stand next to me.

I looked back at Rihanna to see her looking away from me causing me to smirk.

"What? You can't talk to people not apart of the Mafia?" I shrugged and leaned forward. "I know about the Mafia and everyone involved so...Shouldn't you want to talk to me?"

She sighed finally meeting my eyes. "Your annoying."

I smiled piercing into her eyes. "And your not?"

She rolled her eyes. "I don't even talk to you so please, enlighten me as to how I'm annoying."

I huffed and stopped wiping the counter as I rested my cheeks on my palms. "Well for starters, you're always reflecting light into my eyes because everything just," I clicked my tongue. "Bounces off that huge ass forehead."

She bit her lip holding back a laugh as Gabe sat down the bowl of olives between us.

I love making her laugh...I love making her happy.

"Here you are, ma'am." He glanced at me before clearing his throat and walking away.

I looked back at Rihanna to see her already looking at me as she popped an olive into her mouth. "You know...You're supposed to eat that slow and seductive not just pop it into your mouth like your a vacuum cleaner."

She stood and tilted her head. "Why would I be slow and seductive? There's no one here worth my time."

I raised a brow. "No one?"

She chuckled slightly. "Cute, you thought you had a chance? Sorry but this big ass forehead is already too much to handle..." She reached out and tapped my forehead. "No need for another one."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes as I watched her walk away.  "Fucking beluga whale."

Gabe elbowed me. "How long have you been working here?!" He yelled with his thick accent. "You've seen it all which means you of all people should know not to give lip to the boss's girl."

Boss's girl...Ha.

I shrugged. "I give 'lip' to everyone...She's not special."

He huffed. "Could've fooled me."