18

<Sean POV>

Something in my brain just clicks when I'm at airport. My tears are impossible to hold back as they filled my eyes and started trickling down my face. It's like I can go months with out feeling anything in life, but the couple of minutes when I say goodbye, I feel... practically everything.

I heard the voices of the young and old, their tones either subdued with the anticipation of separation or excited to be leaving on vacation. I heard the suitcases being rolled around and some being dropped onto the conveyer belts and the cheery welcomes of the check-in assistants. 

It was like my life was flashing before my eyes back to a better time and place. A better time and place with Kaycee. Kaycee. I shot my eyes down, examining the girl curled up on one of the seats, her face covered with tears and sleepiness.

'Kayc' I whispered softly, sitting down next to her.

'Shamu' she replied, laying her head onto my shoulder. 'I'll m-miss y-you' she mumbled, brushing her hands softly against mine.

'I'll miss you too'. I glanced over at Julian, his girlfriend sitting on his lap, him cradling her as they said their last goodbye for three months. Chloe's face positioned on his chest, Julian's hands rubbing her back soothingly. 

'Next boarding: 'Terminal T2, Gate 103. That is Terminal T2, Gate 103' the air hostess announced through the intercom, everyone shushing down as they listened.

'Well, that's my call...' I sighed, propping up my suitcase to stand up straight. I stood up slowly, brushing down my jumper before I nearly lost my balance as Kaycee jumped up onto me.

'I-I'll m-miss you so m-much' she cried into my shoulder, her legs instinctively wrapping around my torso.

'Don't cry, bubs' I consoled, hugging her tighter. 'I'm already a mess, don't turn me into a sobbing demon' I playfully told her.

'S-stop it' she cried, however giggles were leaving her lips. 'I'm meant to b-be sad n-not h-happy' she sobbed, nuzzling her face into my neck further.

'What can I say I'm a comedian' I joked, squeezing her waist. '...We'll be okay, bubba. I'll call you everyday, okay? And then for your birthday, I'll make sure Chloe takes you out and does something nice for you, yeah?'

'Sha-Shamu' she cried, squeezing my shoulders- a sign to put her down. She kept her hands on my shoulder, slowly wandering them to my cheeks. 

'I l-love you'  she whispered. 'T-thank you for e-everything'. She cupped my cheeks, gently tilting my head down so that our faces were level. Oh good God. She tip toed slightly before brushing her lips onto mine as she captured mine with hers a second later. It was slow and soft, comforting and meaningful in ways that words could never be. Her hand rested under my ear, her thumb caressing my cheek as our breaths mingled. I ran my fingers down her spine, pulling her impossibly closer so that there was no more space between us and I could feel the pounding of her heart. She angled her head, deepening the kiss as she encircled her arms around my neck. 

'Terminal T2, Gate 103 is boarding now. Pleases get in line' the air hostess announced, causing us to separate, out of breath. She smiled faintly, her bottom lip caught between her teeth as she buried her head into my chest, her giggles vibrating through my body.

'Would you look at that? Our first kiss together is between the walls of a steel, gnarly looking airport. So romantic. Way to go, Ricebowl' I joked, poking her sides.

'Rude' she pouted, her face leaning on my chest, her eyes locked with mine.

'I'm just joking, bubba' I reassured her swooping down as I placed a kiss to her forehead.

'I g-guess this is g-goodbye' she sighed.

'For now' I mumbled, before capturing her lips onto mine, this time more urgent. 

'I'll be gone for three months, angel. I won't be getting kisses anytime soon' I mumbled against her lips as I heard Julian and Chloe cooing in the midst of all the people.

'I love you, my sweet potato' I whispered before engulfing her in a quick hug as I ruffled her hair. Slowly letting go as I walked slowly over to Julian who was waving like a mad man at his girlfriend. But Chloe was no better, showering Julian with flying kisses. The things that love does to you.

'Bye' I waved back at Kaycee one last time before disappearing into the crowd of employees and passengers.

I'll miss you, baby.

<Kaycee POV>

'I didn't know you and Sean were 'hitting it off'' Chloe giggled, wiping away the remains of her tears.

'W-we're n-n-n-not' I sighed.

'Whatever you say K. But seriously you guys look like you're so in love, it's really cute to watch' Chloe smiled. I smiled back warmly, the heat rising to my cheeks as I thought back to my first kiss. Only yesterday I was thinking that kissing him was gross and now here I am sitting inside a cab as I realized the next time I'll ever get to kiss him is in three months. Life stinks. 

'If I'm gonna be completely honest. I've kinda missed you, K. I don't wanna sound greedy, selfish,  jealous or anything, but ever since you and Sean, met you guys have been inseparable, so it kinda left no time for us. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with Jules, he's absolutely amazing. But it's really good to just be able to hang out with a girl-friend. You know what I mean' Chloe admitted bashfully, as the cab driver turned the volume on the radio up as if he didn't want to intrude on our conversation.

'I'm s-so sorry, C-Chloe. I n-never thought y-you felt t-that way' I apologized, laying one hand on top of hers.

'Nah, it's not your fault. Sean helped you, and I couldn't be any more grateful for him. He's perfect for you, K.' 

'T-thanks Chloe' I mumbled shyly. 

'Anyways. Now it's just the two of us for three months. Let's get our party on' Chloe bellowed in a sing sing voice.

Yup, we're gonna get our party on. But it's not much of a party if he's not here. I miss you, Shamu

AN| HEY GUYS! I KNOW THIS IS AN EARLY UPDATE! BUT SCHOOL JUST CLOSED FOR THE SUMMER HOLIDAYS AND IM SO EXCITED.

I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED THIS CHAPTER. I KNOW ITS KINDA SHORT. THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 3K READS. YALL ARE CRAZY FOR STICKING AROUND FOR THIS BOOK. LOL.

MAKE SURE TO COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW AND SHARE.

LOVE YOU GUYS,

XXX